Sunday, August 13, 2006

Awake from 12:30am - 3:15am OY!!!!

First and foremost - I'm sick of contractions. I just want to make that clear. Yesterday I was fine when I came home from work. I played with the kids and Justin took a quick nap. Then I started to cut some fruit and get supper ready. By the time we (Justin and I) were done cooking I could hardly walk because of the contractions/tightness. I'm also having muscle spasms which I'm NOT a fan of either. Three more months to go - whew! Believe me, I know it could be worse, but sill - it's just not fun.

Justin got called into work last night just after midnight. Claire woke up at 12:30. I went upstairs and put her pacifier in her mouth. She was restless. By 1:15 I'd been up to give her her pacifier 3 times, but she wouldn't settle down. I went up and got her and brought her down stairs and gave her some Motrin and later some milk. She didn't have a fever, but I thought maybe it would help. After about 45 minutes she perked up and wanted to patty-cake non stop. At 2:30 I asked her if she was ready to go back to bed. She said "No" and shook her head. It cracked me up. Her usual answer to everything is "Yes" or "Yep". Since I had to work at 8am, she didn't have a choice. I finally got back to bed at 3 and last looked at the clock at 3:15. Justin still wasn't home yet. I could hear him talking on the scanner, but I wasn't paying attention to what was going on. My guess is that he got home between 4 and 4:30.

I haven't talked to him yet today so I'm not sure how Peach is doing.

Nathan woke up just before I came to work. I turned cartoons on for him and asked him to let Justin sleep a little. Spongebob was on until 9, so my guess is that Justin got to sleep at least that long.


I'm working from 8-4 today, have 8 hours off then come back at midnight tonight. Our daycare is closed on Thursday and Friday and we didn't have anyone to keep our kids. So I switched my schedule to this crazy one, but I'll have Thursday off to keep the kids. My friend Tracy has a blood treatment on Thursday so I'll keep her kids while she does that. In return, they'll go to her house on Friday. Aren't friends awesome? The answer is YES!

No comments: