Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Birth to 3 update

Two of the four ladies came over today. I believe it was the person from OT and Early Childhood. The only thing they really said was that he seems to be quite delayed on his left side along with the weakness of his trunk. He won't bare weight on his left side. That means that when he's laying on the floor, he'll push up with his right arm, but not his left. He HAS been saying DA - which is WONDERFUL!!! I hadn't heard it until they were evaluating him. The Early Childhood lady was just as excited about it as I was which I thought was nice.

Now I have to schedule something with the PT and Speech person. Hopefully they'll be calling soon. The ladies today said that our meeting is going to be in the middle of August. It's at that time that we'll get the reports from everyone. I really wanted it done sooner, but what do ya do?

Anyway, I just wanted to pass that along to you. Thanks for checking in.

8 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I was just thinking about you today - I'm glad you updated.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the update! I will keep thinking about you guys and hope things go smooth for you!

Valerie said...

Kerrie, I am assuming Jack is being evaluated by the early childhood teachers from the Madison School District..they are wonderful! I know having your child evaluated can be very emotional. Let me know if I can help answer any questions or just give my support. You can give me a call any time. I'm in the book.

A mom said...

Thanks for the update!!

Just Mom said...

The waiting is always the hard part, as was hearing what was "wrong" with my kid. It all worked out for the best though. Valerie is right, the Birth to Three/Early Childhood folks are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

It sounds like you little guy is on the right track. I hope this "Birth to 3" works for him. I live in Montana and I don't know what this Birth to 3 is. Is this a special program in your state? Just wondering.

Joy

Kerrie said...

Hi Joy,
It's a federal program called the Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities. South Dakota calls it Birth to 3. If your child is falling behind, they will come to your house, in your childs environment, and evaluate them. If they are lacking, this program pays for the services (PT, OT, speech - whatever it is your child needs). If the child meets the criteria, these people come to your house and provide the services. It's a wonderful program.

Anonymous said...

Kerri,

That does sound like a wonderful program. You are lucky to have this in South Dakota.

Joy