Thursday, December 11, 2008

Are you ready?

If you are one of my clients, you'll be asking and asked this question.

Are you ready for Christmas?

I ask every single client this and they ask me. My answer is no, I'm not ready. I have some things, but I have quite a bit more to get. I have Nathan and Claire's big Santa gifts, but very little for Jack. He's still so young and easy to buy for. It's nothing a trip to Toys R us can't fix.

I don't have my Christmas cards done. Done? I haven't even started them. I planned to do that this past weekend until the flu knocked on the door. Damn flu.

This weekend I'm working until 2 on Saturday and then Tracy and I are taking the kids to see Winnie the Pooh in Brookings on Sunday. I'm looking forward to that. It will be Claire and Caymen's first time at something like this. As usual, we have almost front row seats if I remember right. I think Tracy and I got our tickets way back in June. It should be fun.

However, when am I going to get my Christmas letter done?

I have an idea. I think I'll buy some really fancy Christmas paper. I'll make the heading "Greetings from the Meyer's". Then the body will say something catchy like 'We've had a busy year. You can read all about it on my blog. We hope you're all doing great." The end.

Usually I'm excited to write the Christmas letter, but this year I'm not feeling it. Christmas is coming fast - so fast that I feel like I can hear a clock ticking in my ear; tick, tick, tick......

Anyway, today I'm going with my Mom to see the Neurologist. I'm not sure what to expect from him. I think the only thing he can do to help her is give her medication for her MS. I guess we'll see. I'll also get some shopping done. Maybe I'll somehow be inspired to write my letter. (That last part was a complete lie. It's just not going to happen.)

So back to my question.....

Are you ready?

7 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i really like the idea of sending a 'leter' with your blog address and invitation to read. i have friends and a few family members that get semi-annoyed that they don't know what we're up to, and i'm like, do you know how to turn on a computer? it's all there:0)

i am not ready, but ready. i am excited for it to be here, but like you the baby of the family has nothing. because he has no idea what he wants, i have no idea what he wants.

we still have a few extended family to buy for too!

Amber said...

I'm not feeling the Christmas letter love this year either. I'm not sure what it is...usually I'm so excited to write my letter.
Other than that...I'm finishing up my shopping tomorrow night.

Heather said...

I'm with you - not done shopping and haven't started my Christmas letter - tick-tock, tick-tock...

Tracy said...

Good luck with your mom's appointment today. I hope he gives her something to help sustain things...

I am done with the Christmas letter (obviously-since you've probably received it in the mail) but still need to finish up a few gifts and wrapping.

HAVE A GOOD DAY!

Just Mom said...

Kind of.

Shopping is done. Decorations are done. Baking is almost done.

Now the letter? HA! Haven't been motivated. I hope to get it in the mail by the New Year.

Amanda said...

I keep hearing that clock as well, but I assumed that it was my biological clock going tick tock tick tock. Whew...that God it isn't!

Okay - if I send out photos, do I still have to write a letter? I'm with you...I'm just going to print out the last 50 or so blog entries and call it a year ;)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Not even close to ready...even tho the gifts are bought and mostly wrapped. I still have my Christmas letter to write but am not really feeling it this year either. I already have the paper bought but just can't find the words to put on paper this year. I may just end up sending out a New Year's Letter!