Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Things I find amazing

I find it amazing that I have such great friends. I don't think I'm all that nice of a person yet I have somehow surrounded myself with amazing people in my life. How did that happen? Amazing! Do you ever sit and wonder if you were a different person, would you be friends with the person you are today? Follow me? If I were someone else looking into my life, I don't know that I'd want to be my friend. I find myself quite annoying actually. There are many qualities to my personality that I don't like in other people. Seems a bit hypocritical to me, but true.

I find my children amazing. Today after Justin took Natey to school I gave Claire some lunch and a sippy cup before she took her nap. She was finishing her milk when Keith Urban's song "Once in a lifetime" came on CMT. She started to dance and was trying her hardest to SING THE CHORUS. She's 19 months old! After all she went through her first year of life she can now do her version of the alphabet song, count to 5, say MANY words, and to me it's simply amazing.

I find it amazing that people don't want more from their lives - that they settle for what they have. Why do people do this? Some people think I'm mean because I expect too much out of Justin (their opinion - not mine). I think that's crap. I didn't marry Justin only because he asked - believe me. I married him because I knew he would be a great husband AND a great father. If I ever thought he wouldn't change a diaper or cook a meal then I wouldn't have married him. I knew he'd be willing to put 100% into our relationship and do the best that he could. I knew this before we were married - that way I didn't have to wonder after. Of coarse we still bicker and some days just don't get along - but that's life. We work through whatever the problem was and move on. Why settle? Aren't you worth the best?

I'm amazed that I haven't done a single illegal drug in my life. I didn't because I knew I'd be addicted to it - so I just didn't do it. Some days it would have been easier to have gone down that path, but working through your problems builds character. Of coarse I've done things that I'm not proud of, who hasn't? However, every single thing has made me who I am today and with the friends I have and the company I keep - it's obviously not all bad.

I'm amazed at the gift of life. One little sperm and one little egg creates a life - A LIFE. Each time I've had a child I get more blown away by this. I remember when I had Nathan and my dad was waiting in my recovery room for us to come out of surgery. He picked Nathan up and said "God sure knew what he was doing, didn't he Ker?" The answer is yes and to me it's simply amazing.

I'm amazed at acts of kindness. I love that it doesn't have to be something huge to make an impact. Tracy graces me with her kindness almost every single day. Something so simple as being kind to my children warms my heart. Today Jennie helped me out in a huge way. To her it was probably nothing - but for me it was great. Yesterday Amber invited me to a party. To her it was possibly just a nice thing to do - to me it was huge. This is what I'm talking about - heart warming kindness - amazing AND wonderful.

I'm amazed that people ask me for advise and really care what I have to say. I'm very amazed by this yet very honored at the same time.

I'm amazed that I still live in South Dakota. I was born in Texas and lived there for the most part until I was 13 years old. I swore that I would move back the second I graduated from high school. Then I decided to go to beauty school and after that I swore I was going back. Well, I'm 32 and that move was MANY years ago now and I have no plans of moving.

And last by not least, I'm amazed that people come here each day to read what is going on in my life. To know that people care about me and my family is simply a great gift. Thank you personally for caring.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about some of those same things today. I'm hoping to update my blog later but have just been swamped with work by your husband!

You're a great friend!!

Tracy said...

Ker,

I am honored to call you MY FRIEND! You and I have shared many ups and downs together and I wouldn't have had it any other way. You mean the world to us and always will!

LOTS OF LOVE!

Kari said...

You made me cry!! You are so right about having special people in your life. I know exactly what you mean. As you know the last two years have been VERY difficult for me. Without my friends I know I couldn't have made it through.

I appreciate your blog so much. It makes me laugh. It also makes me realize that chaos is a normal part of having kids (for example "I smell throw up") and that instead of getting stressed out that it's better to laugh about it.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post Kerrie!!!
I'm bummed that you can't come to my cookie party, hopefully it will work out next year!
PS I love reading your blog. It's so nice reading about families that have kids the same age as my kids. It's nice knowing that I'm not the only one going through things sometimes!

the boedecker family said...

This was an awesome and true post!! I was moved by the things you said...you sound like you would be a good friend!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto to everyone else's comments!

It wouldn't be me if I didnt say something smart, so here it goes...
I know you were talking about me in that first paragraph. I am a great friend..lol. Also, I know your prego hormones must be kicking in, that was all over the board. Crack is Whack!!

JK Ker Bear! Great blog & luv ya!

Anonymous said...

I love you, Kerrie! Thank you for being part of our lives!!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that with all you're doing you still find time to blog! :-)

This post makes me miss you and Shannon so much! I wish we were closer so we could really share in each other's lives. I wish the kids could grow up knowing and playing with each other!