Thursday, August 16, 2007

Waiting

The test yesterday went off without a hitch. We're waiting for the results today. The trauma doctor that saw him yesterday said that he's wondering if Jack had a stroke when he was in-utero. Oh, for some reason they took us to the trauma unit for prep and recovery. I don't have a clue why. The doctor was very nice. The nurses were WONDERFUL.

I must have caused a bit of confusion I think. Jack didn't have to be sleep deprived for his MRI yesterday. Actually, that's not completely true. It wasn't a part of the plan that we knew anyway. They did want him sleepy so that the sedation would last for him. It's the next test, the EEG, that they gave us that crazy sleep schedule. When I called them to see if they were on crack, they gave us different directions. They said we had to keep him up until 1am, then he could sleep from 1am to 5am, and then he would need to stay awake until test time. They acted as if this were so much better.

Justin and I couldn't figure out how on earth we were going to accomplish this task. We'd decided that he would stay up with Jack until 1am and I would get up with him at 5. However, Nurse Pam took care of that for us yesterday. She said we didn't have to do that at all. We need to keep him up a little later than normal on Sunday night and let him sleep until between 7:30 and 8 Monday morning. Then all we have to do is skip his morning nap. That's MUCH better than before.


So, now we wait - something I'm not fond of. I will post the results when I get them today. Feel free to check back. Thanks for all your e-mails, phone calls, and text messages yesterday. Keep your fingers crossed for good news.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the update. I will keep my fingers crossed for good news.
You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear everything went well. I can not wait to hear what the results are.
Loni

Tracy said...

I am glad the instructions for the EEG are better than you first anticipated. MUCH BETTER actually!!!