Wednesday, May 06, 2009

May 5th, 9:30PM

I had other things that I wanted to write about, but none are as important as this post is.

May 5th, 2009 at 9:30PM will forever be burned in my mind.

Justin's Mother called our house at that moment to tell us that Justin's Dad had been killed in a vehicle accident.

May 5th, 2009 has forever changed the man that my husband is. It will forever change the wonderful woman that my mother-in-law is. It will change the life of my sister-in-law who is pregnant.

We don't know the details of the accident at this time.

Within 15 minutes, an officer was at our door with tears pouring out of his eyes grieving with Justin. Before I knew it, Tracy was at my door and scooping Justin and I up in her arms. Within a half hour of the call, Justin was on his way to Pierre to be with his Mom. Not long after that, a friend came over that I'd had a falling out with about a year and a half ago. He put his feelings aside and came to be with me, his friends wife.

In a few hours I'm going to have to break Nathan's heart. He's a self proclaimed "Papa Fan". I doubt that Claire is going to understand, but she'll more than likely react the way others around her react.

How am I going to do this? How am I going to tell Nathan?

I'll get through it I guess. I'll do the best I can do. It's all I've got.

I'm going to cancel my appointments for Wednesday and stay home with the kids. After that - I'm not sure. If I'm not behind my chair - I'm not getting paid...an ENORMOUS downfall of being self employed.

We were lucky enough to see my father-in-law this past Friday and Saturday. We had plans to see him again this Friday. Nathan's birthday is Sunday and we were going to have his party on Saturday. We'll have to see what happens.

Please pray for the entire Meyer family. We are all hurting right now.

So please, pray.

17 comments:

Angie H. said...

OMG Kerrie! I am so sorry for your loss. I can tell you that I know what your family is going through. We lost my dad almost 11 years ago now very unexpectedly also. Reading your blog just takes me back there as if it were today that it happened. It is so hard to understand the reason. Why? Why?There are no words to describe it. I will surely be keeping you all in my prayers. I know you will all get through it and I am sure you will all be stronger because of it. Love to all of you in this difficult time. I will be thinking of you and praying for you. Hang in there.

nicole said...

oh Kerrie!!! I'm so sorry for your loss!!!! I will be praying for you as you tell the kids! I cannot imagine having to tell E that one of her grandparents was gone. I haven't met Justin, but please tell him how sorry I am and that I am praying for you guys! Love you!!!

First Time Mommy said...

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!

Dawn said...

Kerrie,

I am so sorry for your family's loss. I have tears for you. I don't know how I could tell my child they aren't going to see their fav grandparent. I am praying for your family, for Justin in his loss, for you to be strong for the kids and help them through this sudden and horrible loss. You are a very strong woman, wife and mother. You have strength like no other. Also will be praying for Justin's sister and mother. Hang in there only time will heal this loss.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

kerrie & justin,
i have nothing to say. nothing that matters anyway. that is why i will pray--right now.
i am so sorry.
heidi

Amanda said...

Kerrie & Justin - I am so sorry. I remember having to call my family when my mom died and tell them the news - it was awful. I don’t even know what to say other than I am praying for you guys and your family. I am truly, truly sorry

Tess said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this very difficult time.

Andrea said...

So, so sorry Kerrie for your loss! I'm keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers. You guys are so lucky that you were recently able to spend time with him. Praying for you...

Heather said...

I am so sorry for your loss - my heart and prayers go out to your family. Please let me know if there is ANYTHING you need.

Remember Kerrie you are a wonderful mother - you will know how to help Nathan during this very difficult time.

Thoughts & Prayers,
Heather

Teresa said...

There are no words right now that will take the pain away. I am praying for the entire Meyer family. My heart aches for you all.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh Kerrie, I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law! I will be praying for you and the rest of the family!

Lori said...

Saying prayers for the Meyer family.
I'm so sorry.

Susan said...

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I am so very sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Susan

Katie said...

Meyer Family,
I'm so sorry about your loss. I will pray for you in this time of need. God Bless You.

Jen said...

So sorry for your loss. Praying for the Meyer family that God will wrap his loving arms around you all and give you strength and peace today and always.

Anonymous said...

Praying...

the boedecker family said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all, the entire Meyer family!