Monday, March 22, 2010

State A Champs - Twice IS nice!

What a game! It was horrible to sit though. I mean, I would have loved it had it been any other team than the Bulldogs. :) Natey, Claire and I went to Sioux Falls after I got off work on Saturday to watch the championship game of the State A's. We met Linda and her family there. I hadn't seen them in a while, so it was great to get caught up.

I was so nervous! I wasn't sure if the Bulldogs could beat Rapid City's St. Thomas More. I've never seen them play, so not knowing what they were like was killing me. Our boys played their hearts out. We were behind the whole first and second periods. I really wanted the boys to win this one.
On Thursday, I had a few people in my chair at work that were cheering against the Bulldogs. For whatever reason, this seemed to be a theme. We lost one game this season, one. Yet, everyone seemed to count us out. Why? I just don't get it.
Anyway, here is a video of the boys as they won. I love it!

Here is a picture of the fans rushing the court. Fun!
Nathan's favorite player this year is #14, Michael Sullivan. A couple weeks ago, the Bulldogs had an autograph signing session. Nathan drew Michael a picture. Last Wednesday the Elementary kids had a pep rally. The receptionist told Nathan that Micheal wanted him to hang out with him at the pep rally and that he had something for him. Well, at the pep rally someone else chose Michael, so Nathan didn't get to talk to him. He did, however, choose Michael's brother to hang out with. I mean, if you can't have the real deal then a brother will do. ;)
After the championship game, Nathan wanted to go to the floor to look for "Sully". We saw him cut the net and then being interviewed by one of the local news stations. Afterwards, we asked if Michael would mind taking a picture with Nathan.

It makes me so happy when the high school boys are so kind to their small fans.

As we were getting ready to leave, Sully's Aunt stopped Nathan and asked if he was the one that drew the picture for Michael. When he said yes, she offered him her button with Michael's picture on it. For reals yall - he was so, so excited. Before we knew it, Michael was tapping Natey on the shoulder asking if he'd take one more picture with him for Sully's mom. A really great moment for Nathan.

Here he is with his team button, Sully's button, and one heck of a smile.

Congratulations Madison Bulldogs.

What a wonderful repeat!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Natey Meyer must be one heck of a drawer! :O)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that is great! it is so awesome when they stay real for the kids who look up to them!

Tess said...

Awesome story about Sully. I bet Nate was SUPER excited!!