Saturday, July 29, 2006

I'll try anything once....well not ANYTHING!

Ok, so I decided to jump on the BLOG bandwagon. I think it's because I'm really tired at work and there is nothing going on. Some of my relatives have BLOGS as well as friends. I guess I might as well try it out. I like theirs - maybe someone will like mine too.

Since our trip to Mayo, nothing major has popped up in our lives. Believe me, that's a good thing. One thing is for sure and many would agree....it's just too dang hot! What on earth is going on? This is crazy! I enjoy summer heat as much as the next person, but this is out of control. It's not fun when the kids can't even go outside to play.

Speaking of kids, this BLOG will be filled with stories about my kids. People, like the person I've become, used to drive me crazy. I find myself telling non-stop stories about my children. I do the training at work and I have to stop myself from time to time because I realize my trainee is fixin' to die if I continue with ONE MORE STORY. You can just see it in their face.

I have some good ones though. Nathan says some of the funniest things that just crack me up! I can't help it and have no idea where he gets it. Before we know it, Claire is going to be doing the same thing. She cracks me up now and she can only say daddy, dooo (what a cow says), thank you, bye-bye and a hand full of other words. For Claire, everything starts with a D. As I said before, a cow says 'doooo'. She says "Daint Do" for thank you and 'dye-dye' for bye-bye. If you ask her to say Mom or any variation of the word, she says "Daddy" with glee.

She took her first steps on Monday. She's getting really good at it. Nathan is so excited that Claire is finally a 'walkin' baby'. He's waited for this for quite some time. He got to see it first and then called me from the kitchen to the living room to see it for myself. I'm not sure who was happier about it, him or Claire.

We got Nathan's school supplies this week. He'll start back to pre-school on the 28th of August. I think he'll be glad to get back into it.

Claire finally got more teeth. She's had her bottom two for such a long time that we wondered if she'd ever get more! Finally one of the top ones came through. She looked like a hick! However, now she's popped the other top one and it looks like there are 3 more to come. We weren't too surprised by this since Nathan did the same thing. He had more teeth sooner, but they all came at once.

Here is a video of Claire walking. At one point I turned the camera because she was getting too close to me. Because I'm retarded, I thought the image would change as well, however, it didn't (duh). SO, you might get a touch of motion sickness when you watch it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

You were jealous of my blog, weren't you?!! I can't wait to see some pictures.

Nicole said...

Glad you've finally joined the blogging world! I look foward to seeing LOTS of pictures!!