Monday, July 31, 2006

A day with the kids

I swear I have the best kids ever! I woke up today and had little milk, no laundry soap, and Nathan needed a few more things for school, so I packed up the kids and we headed to Sioux Falls.

We arrived at the mall (a place I never go) at 11am. My friend, Linda, told me about a sale at JCPenney that I wanted to check out. We started at the food court and after eating Burger King (Natey) and pizza (Claire and I) we were off to find the best bargain.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Sioux Falls mall, the food court is on one side and Penney's is on the TOTAL opposite. I actually did ok though. Nathan and Claire did VERY well. I found some good things. My friend Tracy (the jealous one) ;) told me she got her son some long sleeved shirts and I ended up doing the same. It was well worth my time.

After that, we stopped and got something to drink and were on our way to another store. I had to stop at the cell phone place which took longer than I planned. The good thing is that they didn't ask how my phone got to be in the condition that it was in. The short story is that Justin was changing my faceplate and some how goofed it up. He obviously didn't do it on purpose, but nonetheless, it was goofed up. The cell guy decided he too was scared of it. :) Anyway, I have a ghetto replacement and mine will be back to me in 1 to 6 weeks.

I had to stop by a beauty supply store to get something and we were off to Walmart. This whole time the kids are being awesome. Claire didn't always love stopping, but she did very well.

We got to Walmart and I started to feel the contractions coming on. By the time we left the store I felt like people were staring at me because I was having such a hard time pushing the cart. Nathan was entertaining Claire and I KNOW people were watching them. Claire was laughing so hard people would stop to watch.

We got in the van at 4:10 and were beyond ready to come home. I gave Claire some milk and she fell asleep before we were even out of the city limits.

All in all it was a good day. I'm thankful to have such great kids!

No comments: