Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Fall Festibal

Yes, another fun festibal to enjoy. Nathan talked and talked and talked about the festibal. He had questions about what he would do there and with whom he'd do it. The day finally came last week when the festibal would take place. I was lucky enough to be off last week so I could volunteer at it. I had a blast. I got to spray paint kids hair. It seemed so fitting. Lucky for me, God was there. (That's an inside joke.)

I didn't get the best pictures, but here are a few that I did get.

I think it's probably hard to tell, but his hair is green. He wanted it blue, but we didn't have blue. I was at a very busy booth and wasn't able to take many pictures. I asked him what he did after he got his hair colored. The first picture was taken of him waiting to throw the football. He said "Oh, I went over and threw the football. I'm really good at that." I said "You're right. You are good at that. What else did you do though?" He looked at me as if I were crazy and said, "Nothing! You did my hair and then I threw the football." Easy enough!

It wasn't long before he came back and asked me if I thought he could get a start painted on his face. I told him that Amber was working that station and that I bet she'd give him a star.He came back and was beyond excited. He was so happy that he had a star on his face. After I picked him up from school he said "MOM! Amber colored in my star! Can you be-lieve that? It was so nice of her!" Cute!
Dawson seemed to have a good time too. He dug in the hay for quite a while. I'm not sure what they were looking for, but they sure seemed to have a good time looking for it.Here he is working on a craft. I think he was making a spider. He seems to be thinking quite hard about it.I tried to get him to let me paint his hair. He wouldn't have it though.

The kids sure did have fun. This festibal is in place of a Halloween party. I always had so much fun having a Halloween party when I was in school. I guess if they don't allow them to do it (but why don't they) then this is a great replacement.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

It looks as though my child is going to cry doing that craft! THANKS for getting some photos!! Nathan was sure excited about his cool hair and the STAR on his face! Fun stuff, I tell ya!!!

Just Mom said...

FUN!


Had I known you spray paint hair, I would have had you do that to Alex yesterday.

BTW, as we were walking to the car from the salon, he looked at me and said, "That was nice lady. That was fun." Yes. I laughed.

I marvel at how you were able to cut his hair without the result being crooked. Thanks. :-D

Jamie said...

That was a lot of fun to go to. I loved working it. Those kids are so cute!!

Marissa's hair color took 3 washings to get it out. That's some good color.

Amber said...

I'm so happy that Nathan had a good time!
And that Amber Lady that did his star, she must be pretty cool.
The festival was a ton of work (andi'llneverbeinchargeofitagain) but the kids all had a great time!!

Lori said...

It was a very fun fall festival. Fun to see all the kids having so much fun.
Derek got his hair sprayed pink.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

no kidding...no halloween party? you'd think it was a catholic school or something:0)

Anonymous said...

Fun! :)

Hey ... I'm sitting here waiting for Keith to come on the CMA Awards. Are you watching???

I saw him in the audience and he's looking pretty hot! Of course!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

How great that you were able to volunteer to help with the "festibal"! Looks like lots of fun for the kids!

Anonymous said...

What a blast! I loved those kinds of events when my kids were little.

You cut Just Son's hair and his mom didn't post about it? That's a major deal in blogland. Shoot!

A mom said...

So thats what a fall festible is all about. I feel wiser today.

Just Mom said...

Ginger, you crack me up.