Friday, January 09, 2009

I'm a monster!

I'm not surprised. I've done this before.

Now that I'm counting calories - I'm the calorie Nazi. I knew it would happen. I start to watch food others put in their mouth and wonder if they know what they're doing.

Last night I met Tracy at McDonald's. (I'm not going to tell you why, but I hope she posts about it today.) Before going there, I'd only consumed 464 calories. I'm allowed 1250 a day. I had a feeling that my remaining 786 calories wouldn't go far at a fast food restaurant.

I was talking to one of my clients about it and wondered what on earth I'd eat there? Not a salad. I'm not sure what it is about their salads, but they are yuck. They give me a horrible stomach ache too. Ick. My client suggested a snack wrap. Good call! I like those things.

I didn't get to eat breakfast yesterday due to my poor time management. That's something I should be just as psycho about fixing. One thing at a time I guess.

Anyway, we've hit another slow time in the salon, so I was able to come home for lunch yesterday. I didn't want tuna - AGAIN - so I made myself an egg sandwich. That's where I used 464 calories. The good thing about it was that it I ate around 1pm and I knew I'd be hungry by 5:30, but not starving.

So this is what I had: 1 Ranch snack rap, 1 small fry, 1 small sprite. I was full - and didn't need any more food. But then - everyone else got ice cream. I know I didn't have to, but if all my friend jumped off a bridge...duh. Bloop! So add a hot caramel sundae to that and you get.... 1000 calories - even. For ONE meal, people.

HO-LY CAT SMOKES!

Anyway, today I started my day better. I had two farm fresh eggs that came from these chickens. That's 180 calories. Tracy and I have plans to take Nathan and Dawson to the game tonight in Lennox, so I'll need to save all the calories I can. I think I'll take an apple with me to work, so at least I'll have that.

For today is a better calorie counting day. :0)

Happy weekend! GO DOGS!!!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

farm fresh eggs huh?? totally sounded like a commercial. ;)

i wonder how many calories i consumed. are you totally watching me now??? ha!

i had a side salad and a bowl of soup. that sounds healthy enough for me!

tonight...it's all about pizza and popcorn baby!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Ice cream...one of my huge downfalls!

Good luck today with the calories....I know you can do it!

Sarah said...

Its amazing how many calories you inhale without a second thought.

Amber said...

Oh come on...go eat some nachos tonight and pretend you did it in your sleep!

Holly Renken said...

Kerrie,
Glad to see you at the games on Saturday! Wasn't it fun?!?!
Cute blog! You're so witty!
Take care!
Holly

Amanda said...

Calorie Nazi - HA!!! That cracked me up!!

I'm a calorie counter as well. I keep a journal in my handbag and write down everything that I consume - down to a stick of gum and also keep track of how many calories I burn at the gym. If I go over my calorie allowance, I know that I need to spend some extra time on the treadmill. Sunday is usually my day off – I don’t workout, I don’t count calories…it helps me keep my sanity.

Keep up the good work!

Tess said...

Calories, Calories, Calories. They are not forgiving are they. I will be completely honest, I enjoy junk! I need to work on it.. yep, I need help..