Monday, January 05, 2009

I'm responsible

Today - I'm taking responsibility for the food that I put in my mouth. I'm tracking my daily calorie intake on this website.

In 1999 I lost 30 pounds before I got married. I took the same approach. I counted calories and exercised 6 days a week. That won't happen this time. I, more than likely, won't exercise 6 days a week. I just don't have the time. Ok, so that's an excuse. I could wake up an hour earlier to exercise, but I'm not sure that I will. I could exercise after the kids go to bed, but I'm too tired by then. Bottom line - I will exercise when I can.

I like the website because you put in your current height and weight. They come up with what your goal weight should be. They gave mine as 119 pounds. I don't really have a huge desire to get down to 119. I don't really have a magical number in mind. I just know that my current number isn't it.

The website asks you to put in a date as a goal to accomplish your weight loss. I don't have one of those either. They put my goal date as Oct. 30th. We'll see.

You may see me eating something that you might not think I should be eating. It's ok. My diet isn't for you, it's for me. I know that there will be days when I eat more calories than I should. I'm ok with that - because I know that I'll do better tomorrow.

I guess the good thing is that I've maintained this weight for a few years now. If I eat less, eat better, and exercise I should make progress.

I'm ready. I'm really ready.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Kudos to you. I'm trying as well but am finding I really love my snacky snacks and cheesecakes. :)

PS) I think its time once again for a new video blog from the one and only Kerrie Meyer. I enjoy them so much! I trie dit once but I swear I looked and sounded like such a redneck, i"ll leave it to you.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

this sounds silly, but frame of mind is more than half the battle. when i decided to lose weight several years ago, i just knew it was time. no one was telling me i needed to, i wasn't feeling pressured for a wedding or trip...i just knew i wanted to and could.

it was the easiest weight loss ever. and basically my approach was what you will be doing. i did it with the help of the weight watchers system, and it literally fell off every week. with WW you can eat the things you want, as long as you are keeping track.

if anyone is determined enough, it is you!

good luck!

Tracy said...

My left leg weighs 119 pounds!! Hehe!

GOOD LUCK KER!!

First Time Mommy said...

Good luck Kerrie! I too am doing the calorie counting/food diary thing. I have baby weight to lose. I'm going to check out that site that you mentioned...sounds a lot easier then writing everything down in a notebook!

As far as exercising...I feel the same way as you. I'll exercise when I have time. I can't wait for the weather to get warmer so I can go on walks with Davis and Jake (our dog). Then I'll probably really be exercising a lot more!

Again..GOOD LUCK!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Good luck....sounds like a good plan!

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. I lost 30+ pounds several years ago and then tried before the wedding this past spring and lost 8, ugh! I'm on board again and hoping for anything at all!

Hopefully you will continue to update and that will encourage me.

Tess said...

Good luck Kerrie, I wish you great success!
Maybe we should do a bloggers biggest loser! I know I could use some motivation! :)