Thursday, June 11, 2009

Believe me, summer's here

If you live in SD, you'd never know that summer was here by the weather we've been having. I told one of my TX friends that our high was 65 the other day and he said that it hasn't even been that cold at night where he lives.

Although I'm not talking about the weather in my title, a little warmth would be fabulous. Today when I got off work it was perfect. Keeping it like that would be nice.

The reason I know summer is here is because I'm booked at work for at least a week in advance. When I go to work on Tuesday, I'm usually booked for that week. It's not a horrible problem to have - that's for sure. However, it does make me so, so tired. On Wednesday we had a color class (that was awesome btw) from 9-noon. Then I worked from noon until about 8:45 (by the time I got out of there). Standing for almost 10 hours straight *KILLS*! Thankfully, Shayla came for a haircut and wanted to make my night, so she swept my hair for me. Such a sweet girl.

Since we're so busy, I worked early this morning and am scheduled to go in early Friday and Saturday, too.

Phew!

Summer sure pays well, but it SURE makes me tired!

6 comments:

Just Mom said...

Well, I hope you're taking a long "vaca" around the time you see your boyfriend.

Amber said...

Shayla's always around to lend a helping hand...and Raena's always around to mess with your mirror stickers and drop them in the pile of hair in the garbage! ;o)
And btw: Shayla thinks she's a rock star...let me repeat that ROCK STAR, because why? Well she got her hair thinned out...just like the big girls do! ;o)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

thank goodness for those special customers, people, in our lives who make all the hard work worth it:0)

take a break though, you don't want to over heat.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That is a long time to be on your feet..ouch!

You have some very lucky customers!

Amanda said...

Phew - hopefully you still get to enjoy some SD summer girl!!

Tess said...

Sounds like your hubby better be on call for a good back rub or foot massage!! Ok, why not both! :)