Wednesday, June 03, 2009

What you've missed

Nathan and I went and watched two of his favorite people run track in Sioux Falls. It was SUCH a big deal to him. The boys got first in their heat.

Out with the Old......

In with the new!

I started saving money at Christmas to buy Justin this new TV for his birthday (May 18th). His Mom and Dad wanted to go in on it with me as well. I saved. I planned. I researched. Finally, I bought the TV on Monday, May 4. Justin's parents were coming to our house that weekend to celebrate Nathan's birthday. Justin's dad was going to put it all together and we were going to surprise him with it that Friday night. To say that I was excited is a complete understatement. Tuesday I went to work and told every single client about my purchase and impending surprise.

Then Tuesday night at 9:30, Justin's Mom called to tell us that Gary had been killed in an accident.

I didn't want the TV anymore. I didn't want it in our house. I didn't care about it.

While I was in Pierre for the funeral, Sharelle (Justin's Mom) said that I had to go through with the surprise. Ferber agreed to put it together. He felt it was the least he could do for Justin.

Justin got home a bit after 1 on the 16th. It was all hooked up. He'd found out he was getting a gift - a surprise, but he had no idea it would be this. He thought it was going to be a new grill. SURPRISE!

He was - shocked - for sure. I told him that this gift was extra special because his dad knew about it and was beyond excited to get to see his face when he saw it. Of coarse, down came the tears. It was - super, duper special.

Moving on.....

Coach pitch baseball has started. Nathan loves it. Here he is being the catcher.

They've played 2 games so far. They've lost both - by one point each game. Such a bummer.

Here are two of Natey's biggest fans.

We went to Pierre this past weekend. It was bright and sunny. The weather was perfect. You for sure needed your shades..........and if you don't have your own, your sisters will work just fine.

Peach took a break from her day to sip on a soft drink.

Later that night we made S'mores. YUM!

And last but not least

LOOK WHAT MOVED IN NEXT DOOR!!!!!

10 comments:

Amber said...

Ok, Peach and those sun glasses?!!? Now that is good, good, GOOD stuff!
They are SO her! SO Peach!

Andrea said...

Oh, that's so sad about the TV...

That is the CUTEST puppy!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

what a touching story about the tele. i bet justin thinks of it everytime he sits down to watch.

nathan is the cutest in those red cleats. love it. glad he's having fun despite some of the players' issues.

only thing better than owning a cute puppy is having the neighbors own one!

Shannon said...

Awww, PUPPY!!! Did you have Ca$h flashbacks? That picture reminds me of my favorite pic of you with Ca$h in your arms when he was a puppy. Too sweet!

Sarah said...

So t minus how many minutes until you have a furball all your own??? Love pictures of Claire!

Heather said...

It's nice to have you back - been thinking a lot about your family. Looks like you've had some fun times. Cute photos!

Just Mom said...

Wow, I laughed and cried reading that one post.

What a bittersweet birthday for Justin. You know, by how you've described your father-in-law, I wouldn't be surprised if he watches that TV with Justin every now and then. I also think he's smiling because Justin met and married a such wonderful woman and had three caring and loveable kids. You're awesome, Kerrie.

btw ... I LOVE CLAIRE'S RED DRESS!

Tracy said...

Awwwww...what an adorable puppy!!! Do the kids think it's a baby Ca$h?? So cute!!!!

Amanda said...

I love the story about the television - Justin, you deserve it man!

How do the kido's like the new dog?

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

So glad to see that you went through with the surprise for Justin..how special!