Monday, August 24, 2009

Trampoline = FUN!!!

When I was young, the people next door and across the street from us had a trampoline. My sister and I spent countless hours jumping and playing games with our friends day in and out.

As you know, Natey is a gamer. He doesn't want to go outside and ride his bike because 'it's too hot'. He doesn't want to go play catch outside because 'it's booooring'. He has a million excuses as to why he doesn't want to do anything other than be inside the house all day.

That got me thinking. I decided to price trampolines and found out they were kind of an expensive toy. Expensive, maybe, but great for exercise.

I found one on sale on Friday and went to Sioux Falls and bought it. On Saturday Tracy and Grandma Karen (Tracy's mom) came over to help me put it together. I read on the Internet that some guy put it together on his own so I thought the 3 of us for sure could handle it together.

At the end when you're putting on the springs, things get a bit tricky. Thankfully, right at that point, Ferber and Grandpa Randy walked in. Yes!

Finally it was time to jump, jump, jump!

I love this one!
Here is Tracy taking her turn. She even did a front flip.
I put on facebook that I was a back flippin' fool. That, of course, peaked your curiosity. Well wonder no longer. Justin informed me that it was only a half back flip, but until he shows me his back flip, I'm taking it. (Actually, today I landed on my feet....mostly because I ROCK!)


We had the tramp for less than 24 hours and Natey can do this.


We're having so much fun!!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Yea for the Meyers! Thanks for letting us come jump tonight!

Amber said...

I told you: SOOO WORTH IT!
We love ours. My girls are flipping fools (ha! That's funny!) on that thing.
You'll get your money out of it times 10!
BUT: Please teach me how to do a back flip. I can't do one for the life of me!

Just Mom said...

Kerrie, you ROCK!

Sarah said...

I think that counts as a full forward flip.

Amanda said...

Looks like fun and if Justin does do a back flip….please please please catch it on video 

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun - I'm glad you all enjoy it! So when can we come jump??

Anonymous said...

One thing we never regretted buying our girls. It was sad the day we sold it.

Love that flip. Found out when we got ours that having babies and jumpin' on tramps do not go hand in hand with my bladder, LOL. Oh Lordy! I'm best off just watching instead of peeing my pants.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Hahahaha...what great fun! You rock on that trampoline! And I think you might have just found the thing to get Nathan outside. Now, I want to see a video of Tracy doing a flip too!!!!