Monday, August 17, 2009

The Twin Cities

Here are some things you've missed due to me not blogging. Jack has become a gamer. Yeah, he's 2 1/2 and addicted to the computer and anything else that he can get his hands on. If I can't find my cell phone the first place I look is Jack's hands.

We went to the Cities the weekend of August 1st. These wind farms creep me out. I'm not talkin' a little - I'm talking BIG TIME.Do they have to be so big and slow and.....creepy? Ack!
The motel we stayed in was beautiful. I've never stayed in a Hilton, but it was very nice - and inexpensive. Jack could have sat here all day.....
One guess at what was out there......
That's right. The airport. It's a very busy airport, so about every 30 seconds to a minute he'd clap and say "Come meeere! Dare's another one!!!" He was in heaven.

Justin took Natey to his first Angel's game. I wasn't sure if Nathan would watch the whole game or if he'd get bored. I sent his PSP with him just in case. Justin said he was content through the whole game. He loved every second of it. Justin was kind enough to take a few pictures for me. Mike Napoli is Nathan's favorite player - or one of them at least. He's the catcher. He signed Nathan's ball. Natey was beside himself with excitement because there were a couple of other kids standing next to him with their Twins garb on and Mike only signed Natey's ball. I would guess it was because Natey had his Angel's stuff on. He loved it!

While they were at the game the little kids and I went swimming. The pool was just the right temp and the kids had a ball.

The next day we went school clothes shopping and then to the Mall of America. My sister sent us passes for the rides so the kids could hardly wait to get there and ride, ride, ride.

At first Justin had the camera, but his shots were, um, interesting at best. Here are a couple of examples:
It's ok, you can laugh. I did. I decided to take the camera back so I'd know what I was getting. I got Justin and his mini-me's and a bunch of other fun stuff. We had a super duper great weekend!

6 comments:

Amber said...

Just so you know...Justin looks great in that blue dog!

We're going to hit up the MOA rides in October, Shayla's super pumped for the revolving roller coaster!

Amanda said...

WOW – NAPOLI SIGNED NATHAN’S BASEBALL???!!??? I bet he was besides himself with excitement – I would have been!

Heather said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Tracy said...

I am so glad you posted pictures from this trip. Looked SO FUN!

Sarah said...

I"m with AMber on the blue dog picture. THat's meant for a frame.

I love MOA.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

seriously, i like justin's creative eye. that picture of you is beautiful!

jack looks so much like nathan at that age. when i saw it, i thought maybe it was a flashback photo!

love the angels. we had the cutest ones this summer though!