Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Boy am I tired!

Holy cats - that's a total understatement! As I type this it's Gary Meyer's birthday. Happy Birthday Gary!

It's early Wednesday morning. I might do two entries today, but I also might not. This one will reflect more on yesterday than today.

I've been working the midnight to 8 shift on Tuesday nights, so I'm currently at work. As I said before, I'm beat. Yesterday our town took part in National Night Out (NNO). For those of you who don't know about NNO, it's a gathering to help people get to know their city police, fire and other such departments. Madison had their first NNO last year. It was very well received. There was face painting, music, demos from the drug dog and the fire department. They had this drum line come from Sioux Falls and Nathan LOVED it.


Last night was much of the same. They had it inside due to some much needed rain. I thought poor Claire was going to wilt. She's such a hot box! Anyway, we had a hotdogs, chips and pop that were provided to us by the city. Since it was a police thing, we knew quite a few people there. Nathan could not wait to see the drum line (Su Fu Du). There is also a DARE train that he got to ride on which he couldn't had been happier about.

Anyway, I told Nathan that he had to take a nap earlier in the day and of coarse that wasn't working out. I was tired so I told him that I'd lay down with him. We laid down and every few minutes he'd say, "Mom, is it time to get up yet?" Then 5-10 minutes later it was the same. I was SO tired and every single time he said it I was almost asleep. Well finally he fell asleep and, of coarse, I had to go to the bathroom. I didn't even get done before Nathan was scolding me for getting out of bed. He was also done sleeping now. He probably got all of 10 minutes. (sigh.....yawn)

So anyway, we went to NNO and had a good time, but I didn't get to bed until 9pm. However, I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed for an hour and then decided to get up. I knew it wasn't going to happen. THAT'S why I'm so tired. I'm looking forward to 8am.

Here is a link to Claire doing 'patty cake'. I have other videos that I'll get downloaded soon. Enjoy!

No comments: