Saturday, March 07, 2009

The grand prize

I pulled off something very cool.

One of Nathan's friends at school got all the boys from the basketball team to sign a shirt for him. This little boy quickly became the envy of many.

Tuesday night Nathan went home sad because he didn't get his picture taken with any of the players. I didn't have my camera - but I did have an idea.

One of the girls that does the stats used to babysit the kids. She pretty much has superstar status at our house.

I bought Nathan a shirt and asked Shelby if she would be able to get the boys to sign the shirt for Nathan. She and the boys were more than happy to do it.

One of the star players was going to give Nathan the shirt, but he was in the locker room and so Shelby gave it to him on her own. He was - BEYOND - excited. He wanted to wear it immediately.

And so he did. He was on cloud 9. He was very excited to show off the shirt 'his friend Shelby' gave him. He couldn't have been prouder.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I'm so glad you were able to get that for him. That will be something that he will remember and treasure for a long time.

the boedecker family said...

Awesome shirt Nathan!! I bet he was thrilled!