Monday, March 09, 2009

What a weekend!

Wowza - what a weekend we had.

Friday night, Nathan and I went with Tracy and Dawson to the boys basketball game in Sioux Falls. It was so much fun. Nathan wore his shirt all weekend long. We won the game by about a million.

Ok, so maybe not a million, but close. So that was the District game and now we move on to Regions. That's where we'll meet Sioux Falls Christian. If you need to be reminded of that game, view this. We beat them here at home, but beating them in Sioux Falls might be something else. Eeek! I'm so nervous about it and I have nothing to do with it. Crazy!

Here is a team picture.

I know - it's a little hard to see the boys, but I had to get everyone in there.

Here are two of my favorite boys to watch.

The boy on the lefts name is Tony. The boy on the right is Chad. I talked to Tony's mom one day when she was in the salon. He comes from such a wonderful family. I don't know Chad's parents. Well, everyone knows his mom because she works at the post office. She's very nice. :) Both of these guys are going to school at SDSU next year. I assume they'll red shirt, which I hate, but maybe someday we'll get to see them play in college. That would be fun.

Ok, so that was Friday. Saturday I worked until about 3. After work I came home and we loaded up and went to Brookings. Nathan had a birthday party to go to on Sunday and buying gifts in this town is a challenge. We found a gift and then went out for supper. We had a good time.

Sunday morning Justin's dad called and wanted to know if we wanted to meet in Huron for a late lunch / early supper. Well Natey had that party, but also wanted to see Papa and Grandma. We told him to go to the party for a while then we'd pick him up on the way out of town. Justin's Mom, Sharelle, didn't know of the plan. It was a surprise for her. When we got to town Justin had Claire call Grandma to see if she wanted to have lunch. Well, Claire had pizza for 'lunch', so she just told Grandma "I had pizza for lunch". It was pretty funny. Poor Grandma was confused and Papa wasn't near her to sort things out for her. Finally, Justin got the phone back from Claire and told Grandma that as a surprise we were getting together for lunch / supper. Justin's dad called his late brothers wife and she came and drank coffee with us. It was so much fun! (PS: If a late breakfast is brunch, what is a late lunch?)

Our next basketball game is on Tuesday. I'm so excited because Justin is coming with us. FUN! Natey was beyond excited - of coarse. So that was it - our fun weekend.

2 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

ya know, we didn't get to the game. but we listened to it on the radio, and usually blow outs don't sound fun, but hearing the milestones and teamwork that was played that night, made me really wish that i could have been there to witness it. now i'm just hoping that the snow dump they are predicting is wrong like this weekend's forecast, and we can all be there to see them win regions!

good stuff.

Just Mom said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Chad's mom is the lady at the post office?! I never made that connection until now. LOL.

Oh! I think a late lunch is called "linner" if it's after noon, but before 2 p.m. If it's after 2 p.m., but before 5 p.m., it's called "dunch."

;-D