Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is it late or early?

Claire woke me up at 4 o'clock this morning. She declared that she was done sleeping. I strongly disagreed. I put her back to bed and then went back to my bed.

That didn't last long.

Finally I decided to lay down with her for a while. That didn't go well either. She insisted on tucking me in and giving me her babies. She offered to read me a book, but I declined.

In the next room you could hear a never ending coughing Jack. Jack would cough then Claire would cough. She'd look at me with her big, brown, sparkly eyes and say "I'm coughing just like Jack". She was so proud. Me? Getting more tired by the minute.

As I laid in her bad with her I found that I needed more medicine myself. My throat was itching and my nose was running like a faucet.

Finally I got up to give another round of cough medicine. Jack first, then Claire, then me.

I decided that laying in bed with Claire wasn't going to work. She wouldn't stop 'taking care of me'. As cute as it was, I really wanted her to go back to sleep.

I came down to the computer. Checked out CNN, People, Kelo and Facebook. Claire started yelling from her room "THERE IS A LADYBUG IN HERE!!!" Turns out it was really just a screw on the heat register. She was positive that I was wrong and she was right. Since that didn't work in her favor, she yelled "MOMMY, I HAVE A NOSE RUNNER!" I encouraged her to grab a Kleenex that is right next to her bed. "GREAT IDEA" she said.

Sigh

Finally at 6:22 she got out of bed. She said "Maybe I should just watch some TV?" Sure. Why not? Who needs sleep anyway?

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute – I love that she wanted to play momma bear!! And nose runner – gota love that!

Hopefully you are able to take a nap today. Do you still have the dog crate? Just stick the kids in there and snooze away ;)

Amber said...

So, so cute that she wanted to take of her mama! I would have just gone back to sleep and let her take care and watch over me!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh, that exhausted me just reading it. i thought i was the only one suffering sleeplessness....wish i was. it's misery.

Tracy said...

I hope you were able to get some more sleep after the kids went to school...

Just Mom said...

I feel your pain, Kerrie. I feel your pain.

Andrea said...

Sure am chuckling about the lady bug! Are you sure it wasn't a lady bug?? :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh how I really do NOT miss those days! Now I have teenagers that just want to sleep ALL the time!

the boedecker family said...

I hear ya..Janaya has been having "nightmare" trouble for a few weeks now...up anywhere from 4a-6a and comes straight for MOMMY!!