Saturday, August 04, 2007

Concert Review

We had so much fun! My friend Linda is crazy - good crazy. She's all about fun. She had wonderful, funny stories that kept Tracy and I laughing all the way to Omaha. Neither Tracy or Linda know each other very well. Tracy probably feel as though she knows Linda because of all the stories I tell her about Linda. Same with Linda; she probably feels as though she knows Tracy as much as I talk about her.

We left town around 10:30ish in the AM on Saturday. We made it to North Sioux City where we decided to eat at Subway. We pulled into the motel at about 2 that afternoon, checked in, found our room and cracked open the beer. We had a good time sitting in the room doing nothing but kicking back. We were going to go to the mall, but none of us seemed to find the ambition. It was a good idea and all of us were game, but we never got that far.

After we got ready, we went to eat at Rick's Boathouse Cafe. It was packed! I think on a normal night the food would have been better, but due to the fact that this place is right behind the Qwest Center, there were TONS of people around. The atmosphere of this place was pretty cool. It's right on the water. The service wasn't wonderful, but our waiter probably had 20 tables to keep track of, so we were somewhat forgiving.

We got to the concert and found our seats. I almost started crying. They were horrible. I took some test shots so I'd know how to take pictures once the show started. The stage was farther to the left of this picture.
I lightened the picture so you could see just how far it was. Check out all the people though. It's because he's great! :)

Here is a picture of the Wreckers. I must have been pretty zoomed in.

(Check out the chick with the knee high boots - and dress! What was she thinkin'?)


We were so far up and back that the sound was distorted. It was hard to understand what they were saying. I was STEAMING. The more I watched, the more I knew I COULD NOT stay in these seats. I took this video of them which doesn't sound horrible, but I also somewhat know the song. When they were talking to the crowd, we had no idea what they were saying.

I don't know how much you know about this group, but I think it was announced on Thursday or Friday prior to the concert that they broke up. They will be on tour through September and then go their separate ways. Nice!

So while they were playing music that we couldn't understand, we hatched a plan. Now, let me just say that I was so happy to be with my BFF's who could see in my face that these seats weren't working for me. Lucky for me they are quite a bit like me and were willing to take matters into their own hands. We decided to go as quickly as we could to our 'new' seats and act like we own the joint. We did just that. We sat there hoping that nobody would be the wiser and would just let us be. We called Amanda to see if we could figure out where she was sitting, but it was so loud that I couldn't hear her talking.

By looking at the first crowd picture I posted, you can see our new seats. Lucky for all of us I'm pretty crafty on the computer. HA!!!

Now, here is a look at our old seats from our new seats. :)

I know the quality of the picture is sucky, but that really isn't the point. :) The only 'bad' thing about our new seats was that the camera that was used to put Keith on the big screen was right in our line of sight. It was minor for me. I didn't care. Here are some of my favorite pictures from the concert.

Three, three, three Keith's in one. :)

Jammin' with the band.
(Can you see the sign on the right? It says 'Sex on legs'. What the heck does that mean???)How cool is this? I couldn't hear where he said the drum line was from, but can you imagine telling your friends "Yeah, I played a concert with Keith Urban this summer. What did you do?" Awesome!I love this picture - less that camera. Nevertheless - LOVE IT!

I'll end this post with the rest of the video I have from the concert. We had a blast!


Stupid Boy



Making Memories of Us (I think he means me) HA!!

I Told You So / The drum line



The end of Somebody Like You

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very neat! Glad you had a great time!

Jennie Thompson said...

Hard to believe that was over a week ago already! I totally wish I could have made it.

Tracy said...

That was FUN indeed. When's the next one???

Shannon said...

TOTALLY Jealous!!! I got goosebumps watching that, especially the drum line. How cool was that???

Lori said...

Love all those songs. What a fun time.

Lori said...

Love all those songs. What a fun time.