Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary - to me!

Today is my anniversary. It was only 8 years ago that Justin and I stood up in front of our friends and family and said that we'd love each other forever.

8.

Eight.

Ocho.

Sometimes I think 8 is a long time. Sometimes I think 8 is nothing. My grandparents just celebrated 65 years. Compared to 65, 8's a drop in the bucket.

Last Friday, Justin sent me flowers. They were my favorite. Tulips! I love getting flowers. It makes me feel very special. He's not a flower guy, so getting them is always a big deal.
He also arranged a babysitter to take care of the kids so he and I could go out for supper tonight. We went to the mexican restaurant in town. The food was really good.

The babysitter brought over her guitar hero. I've never played it nor have I seen it being played. It was hard - even on easy. Natey had a good time playing.
That's the look of intent right there. After playing, I had a new found admiration for my boyfriend.....who seems to be very serious in this picture. I think he's thinking "Yes, Kerrie is my girlfriend and I'm trying to keep it from my wife. If you put this on CNN - Nicole's bound to find out. So don't. Please." At least he is in Kerrie Land.

To Justin:

Thank you, hon, for taking me out for supper and for the flowers.

Love you!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerrie,
Would you please have Justin talk to Russ. He has never sent me flowers, he has had the girls go in the floral shop and pick up a flower and bring to me, but he has NEVER taken it upon himself and send me flowers, also he has NEVER lined up a sitter or even asked Kelsey if she was available for a night. I am VERY happy for you!!!!!
I am glad you had a fun night!!!!
Your jealous friend,
Linda

Just Mom said...

LOL at Linda.

Happy Anniversary, Kerrie and Justin.

Jennie Thompson said...

HAPPY ANNI!

Tess said...

Happy Anniversary! I am glad you guys had a great day!

The seriousness that goes along with Guitar Hero, hummm.. I thought it was supposed to be fun! LOL

Heidi Jo Comes said...

only you could manage to sneak in a picture of your BOYFRIEND on your anniversary post! poor, poor justin:0)

happy anniversary you silly girl.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Kerrie and Justin!!

Tracy said...

Happy Anniversary!! Justin was SOOO proud of himself for sending flowers. Heck, I am proud of him!! Mexican...YUMMY! That sounds good even at 9am!

Glad you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Meyer's. I wish you many more.
Good job on the flowers Justin!!
Glad you enjoyed your day.
Susan

Amber said...

To the Police Officer and the Hair Designer:
Happy Anniversary!

Amanda said...

Holy cats - your boyfriends looks so hot in that picture and yeah - he's totally thinking that. From someone who's played real guitar since she was eleven and has tried the guitar hero game, they are NOTHING alike.

Happy aniversary! Very sweet of Justin to be Mr. Romance!

the boedecker family said...

Happy Anniversary!! Way to go with the flowers Justin, oh and they are beautiful!

Guitar Hero, tricky but fun stuff!!

Anonymous said...

I knew you couldn't keep Keith out of this post, hehe.

Hope all three of your enjoyed celebrating...a little Justin and Keith music on the side :)

Happy #8!

Jamey said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you already had a good one. I thought it was good that we made it to 10 years too, until we went to Watertown and Jay's grandparents had just celebrated 60years. Now that's a long time!!

Anonymous said...

Love, respect and committment, equals Kerrie and Justin. Those three words that you share together and show each other make you the special people you are. The fact that your children see those three words in how you treat each other have made you the parents you are and Nate, Clare and Jack the children they are.

My wife and I regret that we will not be here to see your 50th, but rest assured we will be there in spirit.

God bless you always and happy 8th.

The DAJ

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

And that look on Keith's face? Sorry, but it's so obvious it's a "I'm supposed to meet Wendy and I'm late so can we just get this show on the road." look.