Saturday, May 10, 2008

To the child that made me a mother

Happy Birthday!
I fell in love with you in early August of 2001. I longed to see your face and to count your toes. I couldn't wait for people to be able to tell that I was pregnant so that I could talk about you. I proudly carried you to full term. Then, on May 10, 2002 at 7:40AM - you were born.
It was love at first sight.
All I wanted to do was hold you.
Smell you.
Love you.
You were the person that made me a mother.
You are so special for so many different reasons:
You're kind.
You're loving.
You are a protector of your brother and sister.
You're a helper to your Mom and Dad.
You are a peace keeper.
You follow the rules.
You have beautiful brown eyes with beautiful blond hair.
You have an infectious giggle.
You try to do what's right.
When you love something, you love it completely.
I could go on and on.
Today, as we celebrate 6 beautiful years of your life, I will be fulfilled with the person you are. I will celebrate the person I know you'll become.
I - will celebrate -You.
I love you.
Happy Birthday.

16 comments:

Tracy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!

We love you and can't wait to celebrate today!!!

~~HUGS~~

Anonymous said...

That was incredibly sweet, Kerrie. You choked me up a bit...

HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY, NATHAN!!

the boedecker family said...

Happy Birthday Natey!!

Such a perfectly said letter to your son...You are an amazing mother!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Natey!!! Oh how I remember how excited you were, Ker when you were pregnant with him!!! Hope it is a GREAT day!!
Lucy

Anonymous said...

Natey is a very beautiful littel boy. Just seeing his precious face makes me smile.

My favorite memory of him (through this blog of course) is that on his first day of school, after all your coaching him in safety issues, the only thing he didn't know was Spanish! I just laugh everytime I think about that.

May 10 is a great day...it's Alicia's birthday, too :)

Anonymous said...

Some times, no most times, when you write about your children you make me so happy that it can bring tears to my eyes.

Nate is very lucky to have you as a mother, as are Clare and Jack.

In you,I am priveleged to know one of the finest people and one of the finest mothers around.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NATE and to you HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

God bless you always.

The DAJ

Kerrie said...

Oh, wow! How nice of you to say that. Thank you!

Amber said...

"You're kind."
Honestly, that's an understatment. Nathan is BEYOND kind. He's so poltite and respectful.
He's an awesome little boy!!

Creative-Type Dad said...

Nicely written!

Happy Birthday to your big little man

Just Mom said...

What a handsome fellow.

Happy Birthday, Nathan.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

he is such a great looking young man. and from the sounds of it, a pretty darn special one as well.

Teresa said...

I hope Nathan had a wonderful day! Nothing changes a woman more than the birth of her first child. What a blessing!

Kristie said...

What a beautiful tribute to a fine young man and so adorable. There is nothing like the feeling of becoming a mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I hope you had a great birthday Nathan!!! He is so handsome in that picture. :)

A mom said...

Hope you had a fabulous birthday Natey!

Tess said...

Hope you had a happy birthday!! Sorry I am late!