Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Aberdeen weekend

This past weekend our family went to Aberdeen. It was my nephew's 8th birthday.

Here's Spencer!
Get this! He turned 8 years old and this is the first birthday party that I've ever been able to attend. Can you believe that? I'd always worked weekends at dispatch prior to this year and was saving my vacation, usually, for something else. This year I took the day off work and we headed to the party.

OH! Look what we got behind on the way up there.
Isn't it enormous? Looks a lot like my butt. Moving on.....

Anyway, Spencer's party was a pool party at the Y. We only packed a suit for Nathan because I didn't think the little kids would want to swim. I, of coarse, was wrong. I should have packed a suit for Claire. I didn't realize the pool was going to look like this.



Nathan had a good time. He didn't exactly play with the other kids - more like around the other kids. I think he had a good time though. He gets pretty shy around other people and turns into a wall flower rather quickly. He had a good time on his own - doing his thing.

Claire was content playing with her Grandma. She's always willing to give me a smile when I point the camera in her direction.
Exhibit A
and B

and C

and D.

I feel the need to point this out because THIS is the kind of pictures I get of Nathan.

Oh yeah - that's right.

I also got to see my......step nephew's? Ok, I'm totally aware that that's not a word, but I'm not sure how else to describe them. They are my sister-in-laws step sons. There.

I'm not sure how long it's been since I've seen these boys. I'm talking years though. My guess is 4 years - but possibly more. I know they were at my wedding. I'm pretty sure I've seen them since having Nathan - I just don't remember it. I know I haven't seen them since before I got pregnant with Claire. Doesn't matter I guess - It's been a long time.

They were both at Spencer's party, but I didn't want to rush right up and hug them - taking the chance that they didn't have a clue who I was. So - I waited. Then one of the boys left. They said that he probably wouldn't come back. What the heck? Why didn't I just say hi? :(

After the party we went to eat at Pizza Ranch. They called the one that left and asked if he'd come to Pizza Ranch so I could at least talk to him. Thankfully he did. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I saw them again. Here they are.....

Josh is on the left, me in the middle (you're welcome) and Jeremy is on the right. Josh is now 15 and Jeremy must be 19 I think. He graduated last year - I know that much for sure. Aren't they short? Ok, so I obviously come up to their shoulders (without the stool that I'm standing on that you can't see). That's why we are laughing.

My kids LOVE these boys. Every time they would come back from a visit up there they would tell me that one of the boys came to play with them. Here is a picture of Claire and Josh. So stinkin' sweet!

Here is a picture of Zachary. He's Spencer's brother - as if you needed me to tell you. They look so much a like. I got about a million pictures of him, but this one is my favorite.

He LOVED hugging Jack. I tried to get a picture of it, but was never fast enough. I'm not sure what I was doing all weekend, but taking pictures of Jack wasn't it. I don't have a single picture of him. I'll start saving for his juvenile therapy bills tomorrow. :)

It rained almost the whole weekend. In between rain on Sunday, Josh and Jeremy took the kids outside to play football. Claire had a BLAST!

We all had so much fun!

On our way home, we stopped to take a picture of Mater in Watertown. I saw this on the way up and told Nathan that it was Mater, but he didn't believe me. Seeing is always believing.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

I want to go swimming at that pool! HOW FUN IS THAT?? Bummer you didn't realize that Claire would have enjoyed herself as well. Looks like a mini Omaha!!

You DEFINATELY cannot mistake Spencer and Zachary being brothers. WOWZA!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you made me about choke when i read the pumpkin/butt reference. good grief charlie brown.

looks like you've been a traveling woman. such fun.

Heather said...

What a fun pool! Sounds like you all had a good time. Gotta love the different responses to pictures. I've got one of each too!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow...what a busy weekend! Jeremy was in Aberdeen last weekend too for a wedding.

Tess said...

The pool looked awesome!! What a blast!
I love the Mater picture! Micah LOVES Mater!