Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Claire turns 4!!!

On Saturday I was very careful to say 'Peach, this is only your party. Your birthday is Wednesday.' I really thought it was sinking in... Until yesterday morning when I said "Who's REAL birthday is it tomorrow?" She got a HUGE smile on her face, threw her arms up in the air and said "CAYMEN!!!!"

Today, my love, is your birthday. You bring my life such joy. From your big, sparkling eyes to your perfect lisp. I love all of you. You fought back from being septic when you were only 2 months old - a fight that scared us to death.

You make our house complete - even with the drama that oozes out of your body. There are days when I worry what my life will be like in 10 years, but for now - you are simply the best.

We love you so, so much. I'm so glad that God chose me to be your Mom. Today we celebrate the day you were born 4 years ago. We give you gifts to show our love. However, today I celebrate the perfect gift that was given to me - 4 years ago today. We love you.

10 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

beautiful reflection kerrie. motherhood is so awesome. we have fears and anxiety about issues of world and society...yet being near these amazing gifts seems to make all that disappear into nothingness.

happy birthday to a special girl. with a very blessed mommy.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday sweet claire bear!! You are always making me smile with those bright eyes and big smile!!

Amber said...

Seriously Kerrie, her eyes DO sparkle. She's a very special little girl!

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday to a very, very special little!!! We'll make sure your day is EXTRA FUN!!!

Just Mom said...

*sniff*

Little ones sure are a gift, aren't they.

Happy Birthday Princess Peach.

Heather said...

It's fun to see how much she's changed in 4 years - she's a beautiful little girl Kerrie!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Claire! Thanks for being such a good person and making me smile when I pick up Braelyn!

the boedecker family said...

Happy Birthday Claire!!!

Anonymous said...

She is the sweetest little peachy pie in the whole world!

I remember each one of my girls turning four, it's a priceless age. Enjoy it!

If it helps you out any, the teenage years were the absolute best at our house. It's the time we really became friends and life was very sweet. Don't be afraid, just keep those lines of love and communication open.

I pray for Claire to always feel blessed to know how much her mom loves her and for you to always see the blessing in having her as your daughter.

Tess said...

Happy Birthday to a precious little girl named Claire!!