Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My crib or yours

When the time came for Claire to give up her crib and move to her big girl bed, she wasn't too happy. We figured that this.......wasn't going to cut it anymore for Jack. We put Claire in her big girl bed and she, of coarse, wasn't all too fond of it. I laid in bed with her one night and she was pointing things out in her room. "What's that?" she'd say pointing. "A ball", I'd say. She pointed out a few things and then stopped. I pointed to the crib and said "What's that?". She got a disgusted look on her face and in a very matter-of-fact manor said "MY BED". Ha!

Finally we put the crib in Nathan's room. He was excited to have his new roommate. Things have been going pretty well in that department. No real problems.

This morning I went to get Jack out of his crib from his nap. Claire beat me up there yelling "I get you Jaaaack. Quaire get you!" I put Claire in there with him - and - let the party begin!


While I was in there, I thought I'd show you some things that are painted on Nathan's walls. I started this a very long time ago and then had Jack. =) Lord only knows if it will ever get done. (Sorry Jamie, I didn't draw most of these.) =)


(Notice the markings by Scooby on the wall? Nathan thought that since his Mommy was drawing on the wall, he could too. I decided not to cover it up. Art, after all, is art!)

17 comments:

Jamie said...

OMG that is the cutes picture of Jack ever!! I am still laughing!!

Claire is officially a BIG girl in her big girl bed!! YEAH!

I didn't know you were so artistic!

Tracy said...

I was wondering if you ever got back to those drawings?? Wasn't it even before Claire that you started those?!?

I am just sayin'

~giggle~

Tracy said...

Oh sorry...LOVE, LOVE the picture of Jack! Mister Smiley.

And of course, my Peachie Pie...happy as always.

Anonymous said...

Jack and Claire look so much alike in those pictures! They are adorable!!

Just Mom said...

My goodness, woman ... cute kids and cute wall art. Stop it. ;-D

Momma Roar said...

Adorable! All of it!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that. Your kids are getting so big. I did not know you could draw so well. Want to come and do something like that on Caden's wall? JK

Loni

Kerrie said...

Oh lordy! Ha! I didn't draw all of those things. The one that I did draw, I drew on paper and traced it on the wall with an overhead projector.

Amber said...

How come nobody has commented on Jack's manly bedding?!?! HA!

Amanda said...

Cute all over!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the artwork on the wall...Nathan's too!

It's a good thing you got Jack a crib of his own...he didn't look too comfy in the 1st photo.

~ Amy ~ said...

I'm thinking you may need to purchase a more MANLY crib bumper. :)

The drawings are great!

Jamey said...

It definately looks like it was time for Jack to go to the crib! Max did the same thing. He wouldn't sleep anywhere but his car seat and we found him a lot like that one morning! I've got to find the pictures of that and his chinese splits--funny stuff!!

A mom said...

How can he sleep like that? Oh, to be young again. I just love his hair. Why is it that a mohawk can be so darn cute on a baby, but most parents would freak if there teenager came home with one?

Tess said...

Your kids are just so dang cute! Seem to always be smiling for the camera!! Love it!

Looks like you have some serious talent to be able to paint those on a wall! Very nice!! I bet the boys love it!

Hee Hee... Love the additional wall art by Nathan! Perfect!

Anonymous said...

that is such a funny pic of your child sleeping :)

Creative-Type Dad said...

That sleeping picture is hilarious!