Thursday, September 13, 2007

This and that - take 4

I bought a new magazine last night. I saw it on the rack and HAD to have it. You should buy it too if you have kids. There are GREAT recipes in there. If you live in my town, you can get it at the grocery store. If you want to see more about it, click here. I bought the Harvest Baking issue. I can't wait to make some of the stuff with the kids.

Jack update:
He sees the Neurologist on Monday. I'm not sure what the deal is with his left arm. It's just strange. I'm teaching him to sign, starting with more. He has some control of his right hand/arm, but his left hand does nothing when he tries to sign. It's very strange I tell you. He still either pins his left arm when he's in his high chair or it gets pinned and he could care less. Now, if it happens to his right arm then he gets VERY angry and wants it free - NOW. It's just very odd. I hope that Dr. Bunch can shed some light on the situation. Other than that he's doing well. He's trying to crawl. He's getting teeth like crazy - poor kid. He's got 2 of the 5 that are coming in on the top. The sprouted a second one on the bottom as well.

Yesterday I spoke to the owner of the salon that I'll be working at. My start date looks like the first week of November. I guess she's having my vanity custom built. That makes me laugh because I had a dream the other night that I was working there and she told me that I was at the wrong vanity. When she pointed to the one I was to work at - I was horrified. It was - large and in a semicircle. Pretty funny now, but in my dream I was horrified. I'm looking forward to spending more time with my family, but stepping down to part time dispatcher makes me sad. I love my job. Normally when you find a new job it's because you don't like the one you're currently at. That's just not the case for me - and it kinda sucks.

Nathan's attitude is going to drive me right up the wall. His mouth gets him in quite a bit of trouble. I had no idea that sending him to kindergarten would mean that he knows every single thing under the sun. Lucky me! I though that happened when he was a teenager. Not so much. DO NOT tell me that it will get worse. Let me live in Kerrie Land; allow me to think that this will all go away. I guess the good thing is that he likes school, however, it doesn't out weigh his lacking respect for his parents. Arg!

Have you ever heard of Kerrie Land? It's a wonderful, magical place. It's where I live. It's a place where children don't get hurt and people are kind to one another. It's the place in my brain that won't allow me to think that there is bad in this world. I'm often reminded that the reality of Kerrie Land doesn't exist, but I feel safe there. Think of it as your happy place if you will.

Because you've asked - yes, yesterdays picture were of my feet and my socks. I really like toe socks. I don't wear them all the time, but I enjoy them.

Peachy Pie is doing well. She often wants to know where Brother is. I'll say "Where is brother?" She says "He at gool". She isn't always awake before he goes to school. Sometimes she seems to miss him, other times she seems to be taking roll. She enjoys going to pick him up though.

Jack has therapy on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Claire thinks this is great. They bring all kinds of toys that they usually let her play with too. She identifies the colors she knows in Spanish. No wonder Natey was concerned about not knowing Spanish. Ha!

Other than that, things are the same. I don't feel as though I have anything of any real importance to say, so there is your update. Enjoy! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the doc sheds some light on Jack's arm. That's just odd. You know I'll be waiting by the computer for an update. ;-)

Tess said...

Ok, I missed something.. Salon???

Jack, I hope they can figure something out. What a long haul for you all. I will keep you in my prayers.

Nate, what a funny story. Ok, not funny to mom, but it made me chuckle. Mine is only about 14mo and he already has plenty of attitude!

Claire sure is a doll. I bet she does miss her big brother. What a great sister.

I might have to ask for an invitation to Kerri Land! Sounds like a wonderful place. Maybe we can exchange addresses for Kerri Land and Tranquil Tess's! haaa

Heidi Jo Comes said...

thank you and thank you again for posting something new so that i don't have to look at those toe socked feet anymore:0)

yeah, nic has the same exact problems with his mouth. suddenly he knows everything. he no longer thinks that i have knowledge on any topic that is possibly more advanced than his.

this felt like a video blog without the video...weird.

Kerrie said...

Heidijowhatdoyouknow - that last comment made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm with Heidi, I thought this was a vlog, too! Fun!

I have told the Natey/Spanish story to everyone I know. It's hard to explain who you are. I call you my friend and yet none of my other friends have a clue who you are---weird, huh? Still, I love that story and will be telling it for years!

Yup, I bought more stupid pairs of those toe socks for my kids and they never wore them. They do look very cute on your piggies :)

Jamie said...

I really hope everything works out for Jack and you guys. What a stressfull time!

Nathan....attitude...at this age...I have NO IDEA what you are talking about. I think I am with you in the boat of 5 going on 25!!

Kerrie Land sounds fun...how much are the passes?

A mom said...

I did pick up the magazine while I was at the store today. I brought it to work, so I could drool over all of the pictures. I am trying to decide what I should try to make this weekend.

I am curious. Now that Jack is trying to crawl, does his left arm cause problems? I really hope you can get to the bottom of this soon.

I really don't want you to go. Its a bit of a double edge sword situation, but in the long run, it will be so worth it. Plus, your foot will still be in the door. Who knows what 5-10 years from now will bring. I love working nights, but I am really looking forward to having a life again.

The Natey situation......No Comment. I would not want to bring down the fence around Kerrieland. (Perhaps you should put some electricity to it to keep little ones in.)

Mucho Amor!!

Amanda said...

I hope that you get some good news with jack jack! What stress you must be under worrying about him. Hang in there!

Alex does the same thing and then mom has a break-down and takes toys, television, etc away and he realizes that his mom is a basket-case...a woman on the edge and we don't want to mess with her :)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

The magazine looks great...might just have to buy it!

I hope the neurologist can give you some insight into what is going on with Jack.

Both my kids went through the whole attitude thing in Kindergarten...they think they are so smart when they start school. It does get better!

Tracy said...

I am totally laughing at Amanda...HA! Oh.My.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that the teachers at the school are going to wish I wasn't a mom!! We've discussed what the boys are doing now that they are in school. I am emailing Dawson's teacher often. I hope she doesn't hate me...just yet.

the boedecker family said...

I hope you get some answers about Jack's arm! Dr. Bunch is great, she is so nice and I loved how attentive and thourough she was!!

Kindergarten does teach our little ones alot of things some of which we hoped they would never learn!!