Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Bowling

On Sunday, Nathan, Claire and I met Tracy and Dawson at the bowling alley. It was so much fun watching Claire. She'd never been bowling before. She had a blast! We all had a great time. For quite some time, Tracy and I have boycotted the bowling alley. It irks me that they could care less about anything other than league bowling. Trying to find a time to bowl is very hard. I realize that they cater to the league people, but what about those of us that would show up every Sunday just for some fun time with our families? Why don't we matter? Whatever!

Dawson didn't know that we were coming. We just kind of showed up out of the blue. He was very excited and it was cute.

As I said, Claire had never been bowling before, so she was beyond excited. Lucky for her, she had two 5 year old helpers. Here she is after getting the ball to the pins for the first time. She was making sure Dawson was cheering for her. Nathan's turn. Notice he's still wearing his hand warmer? Yeah. He'd wear it to bed if it were allowed. He wants to wear it to school too.Here is Dawson waiting to see how many pins he knocked down. They had so much fun.

How cute is this!!!

After the kids bowled, they played Foosball. I don't enjoy playing this game, but the kids sure had a good time.

9 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

don't even get me started about our bowling alley! we've been out there multiple times only to be 'turned away' because of league play. and over 1/2 the lanes aren't in use...

looks like you had a great time.

Tracy said...

I think the guy was getting mad when I called THREE times to make sure they had open bowling. We both know that calling doesn't even matter sometimes. We've called and went and STILL they'd say...SORRY, no bowling today.

Whatever.

We had so much fun. Dawson has already asked if we are going next Sunday!!

Thanks for taking pictures!!

Amanda said...

Love the picture of the two kids standing next to each other. cute cute cute

Just Mom said...

They have open bowling at Ch___ Lanes? Who would have thought.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I hear you about the bowling alley...ours is the same way!

I have been waiting for the photos since I read about your adventure on Tracy's blog....thanks for sharing!

Amber said...

Love Claire's new Dora hair!

Lori said...

Looks like a fun time.

Tess said...

Wow, that looks like a great time!! The kids all look like they had a fantastic time! I hear ya on the league thing, I wish they had more open bowling slots!

Jamie said...

Bowling is so much fun!! I bet the kids had a great time!!

I agree on the foos ball thing!! Not my game at all!