Sunday, January 13, 2008

Someone got a hair cut!!!

Today was a big fun day at our house. I took Nathan and Claire to the salon to have hair cuts. They LOVED it. They ran around and blew off some steam while I was cleaning up the hair. Claire loved looking at herself in the mirror while she got her hair cut. This is the first time she's ever been able to do that. She's used to sitting on a pot to make her tall enough to get her hair cut. She had a blast!

Nathan likes to get his hair washed after his hair cut. That's kind of his new deal. He really enjoys that. He encouraged Claire to do it and she did with no problems.


After hair cuts it was out to Pamida to pick up a couple of things. Then back to the house for a bite to eat. After we ate I took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. This was Claire's first movie. It was so much fun to watch her enjoying the movie. She kept on saying "Oh my gosh! My movie is so big!" It was her movie. She calls the chipmunks 'chick-a-wow-wows'. There is a part in the movie where one of them dances and says that. If you try to tell her they're chipmunks, she says "No! They chick-a-wow-wows".

Both kids did very well. They sat for the first half hour and then wanted to stand. We only had to leave once to go to the bathroom which, believe me, is a shock. Nathan always has to go to the bathroom.

When we got home from the show the Cowboys were playing. They ended up not winning, but Nathan and Justin watched. I was going to write enjoyed watching, but I'm not sure that Justin ever enjoys a game. I'm not even going to get into it.

Anywho, that's all for today. I just wanted to show you Claire's new do. I'm not positive that I love it yet, but it was so many crazy lengths that I thought a bob would look cute on her. She doesn't like a pony tail - so I thought we'd try this. Have a good week!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the haircut! I have been to Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 times now. Good thing I enjoy it. I think all the kids I work with have seen it now so hopefully I won't have to watch it again until it is out on DVD. I have Lindsay right now and she watches High School Musical 2 everynight before bed. I dream about the songs. YIKES.

Chell

Anonymous said...

I love the cut... adorable on her. Sounds like you all had a fun and busy day. Have a good week Kerrie.
Susan

Cari said...

Cute hair!

I am taking Ariel to get her first haircut tomorrow - it is so long and usually UNCOMBED!! She is also getting a bob, minus the bangs. I just don't want the maintenance required with bangs... Keep in mind, none of this is happening if she gets cold feet by morning - it has taken her a long time to get comfortable with this idea!!

P.S. It's nice to see a picture of Claire that doesn't involve her face smeared with blood! :-S

Amber said...

It's not a bob haircut...it's a DORA haircut!
And I love it!

Tracy said...

I like her new hair.

Glad you enjoyed the movie!! I am sure it was MUCH warmer than sledding!!

Brrrrr....

~ Amy ~ said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Just Mom said...

What??? No stories of scrunching up???

She looks adorable.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I like Claire's new haircut!

Anonymous said...

Ker ~

I love what you did with Claire's hair. I think it is really adorable on her.

Love,
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Love the hair cut. She looks really cute. Also I am really sorry about the cowboys. I was thinking of you watching the game. I was chearing for them for you!!! I guess it did not work.

Loni

Kari said...

I just did the same thing with Onna's. It's SO much easier! It looks really cute on Claire!

Nicole said...

I think it's just precious!!!!!

Andrea said...

Cute 'do!

Lori said...

Claires haircut is so adorable.
We loved the Chipmunks movie too.

the boedecker family said...

LOVE the haircut!! So adoreable!! Sounds like you had some wonderful quality time with your kids!!

Teresa said...

Clair looks adorable!

We took the whole family to Alvin and the Chipmunks and we all loved it! It was the first movie that Gage sat all the way through. The music was so cute.

Momma Roar said...

Very cute haircuts!

We haven't seen the movie yet - but I like the "chick-a-wow-wow" term!

Tess said...

She looks adorable!! What a cutie!!
Glad it went well and glad the movie was a hit. I have been wanting to take Micah to the movies, but I think he is just to young, but I guess we won't know unless we try right!