Monday, January 07, 2008

More Christmas stuff

You've got to be wondering when it's all going to end, aren't you? I know, me too. Remember when I told you about Santa in the mall in Pierre? Here is The Rest of the Story......
Justin had a great idea. You've seen these, right?

They are made by a company called Franklin. After not being able to find the white Dallas Cowboys helmet (for less than $100), Justin decided to call the company directly to see if we could just buy the helmet. He spoke to a very nice woman who said that we could have had we called earlier. You have no idea how expected that was. Anyway, she suggested that we buy a white helmet and try to find stickers to go with the helmet. To make a long story short, I e-mailed a guy from Justin's e-mail address asking if he could get us the stickers by Christmas. I asked Justin to check his e-mail and somehow it was answered but unnoticed.

Enter Plan B. I decided that I'd just write Nathan a letter from Santa and explain to him why his helmet is naked white. The letter said something to the effect that right before Santa was leaving the North Pole, the Elf's told Santa that the stickers weren't ready. They held a special meeting and decided to bring the helmet as it was. Santa told Nathan that he'd mail the stickers after he approved them and asked that his dad put them on for him.

Ok. This could only go one of two ways, right? I knew it would either be the coolest thing ever or Nathan was going to be angry that Santa left his helmet naked.

Nathan thought it was beyond awesome that they had a special meeting JUST to talk about his helmet. THANK GOODNESS!

Oh, before the helmet was naked it was a Colts helmet. I just peeled off the stickers. Christmas was on Tuesday and the Cowboy stickers came on Saturday. I think it turned out pretty freakin' cool and Nathan loves it!

Here are some other photo's that you must see. We have a variety of things going on in this photo.
Ok, the most obvious thing in the picture is from Auntie Chell. She got Nathan a Transformer that turns into a gun. I know. I know. The picture looks a bit freaky, but he LOVES this thing. Also, notice the stocking hat. It's a Jeff Gordon one and from Tracy. It was another huge hit. Next you'll notice a Dallas Cowboy shirt. This came from Grandma Sharelle. The shirt under it is also new and needs to be worn 24-7, apparently.
Another thing that was a huge hit was the Dallas Cowboy hand warmer (above). Nathan feels he needs to wear this thing 24-7 as well. When he puts his PJ's on, the hand warmer goes on too. This week it hasn't been as much of a necessity, but he still loves that thing.
Peach got some very fun stuff too. Here she is decked out in her new outer wear from Grandma Sharelle.
She got Strawberry Shortcake and a baby stroller from Santa. She really likes them. I think she's going to love to push her baby outside this spring.

I know - it's not the best picture of her, but she'd just gotten out of bed.


I don't have many pictures of Jack opening gifts. I guess it's because he didn't do much gift opening. Here is one where he and Claire are playing with one of his toys.Tomorrow I'll post pictures of our stop in Milbank.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

WOW! Natey means business in that 1st picture!!!

Glad SANTA was able to get Nathan just what he wanted.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

that helmet rocks! my plan it so find one at a garage sale this spring/summer and do some decorating myself.

ya know, not a big cowboys fan...but definitely a fan of that quarterback. romo is worth cheering for:0)

Just Mom said...

YOU ARE ONE AWESOME MOMMA!








btw ... thank you ever so much for the "cars" merchandise. alex will love them.

Tess said...

JEALOUS!! Natey got a Jeff Gordon stocking hat??

Looks like they all made a haul!

Jamie said...

I think the kids did alright for Christmas!! I bet they are having some fun now.

Cool Cowboys helmet!!

Lori said...

Great pictures. Looks like some fun times.
What a great idea to do with a football helment. I'm going to have to think about doing that too.

A mom said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a mom like you. You rock!