Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Joe"

Here is the conversation I thought I was having with Amanda via text messaging at the concert. My texts will be in pink. "Joe" will be in ...this color. What I was thinking will be in purple.

Having Fun?

Who is this? "Joe"
Why is she calling herself Joe?

Stand up and wave to us. What row are you guys in?

Who is this? "Joe"
Oh! She's calling me Joe. I think she's had too much to drink.

Kerrie

Kerrie who "Joe"
I was getting a little irritated. Why does she keep calling me Joe?

What row?

This is joe and I am at my house...who is this...Kerrie who? "Joe"
OHMYGOSH! I don't think I'm talking to Amanda. But I asked her if this was her number and she said yes. Is she screwing with me?

Joe who?

You tell me your last name since you texted me first "Joe"
OHMYGOSH! I totally have the wrong number. Holy crap! Good thing we decided that we'd stay in one spot. (Tracy took my phone and called the number. A guy answered and she promptly hung up on him.) I still wasn't sold that she didn't hand her phone to someone next to her to carry out the joke.

I must have the wrong number. Sorry.

My phone rang. Caller ID said it was Amanda. It was obviously "Joe". By this time, Tracy and I'd spotted where Linda and Amanda were sitting. They didn't appear to be in on 'the joke'.

What's your last name "Joe"

I'm sorry "joe". I thought you were Amanda. We were trying to find her at a concert.


Its ok...My last name is (given) so there you go "Joe"


So do you know me?
I think Joe might be a lonely fellow. :) Poor thing is probably in his living room giving the nearest window a big wave.

No. I don't think so. Are you from Madison?

Ya I want to Cherter "Joe"
Very confused, I showed it to Tracy. She said "He went to Chester". I had no idea what he was saying. I think Tracy was right though.

Ok, sorry I bothered you.

Naw its cool "Joe"
I don't think "Joe" had anything else going down that night.

Thanks Joe.


Ya "Joe"

At the end of the show, I looked at my phone and Amanda sent me a text during the song that she and I have as a ring tone. Caller ID didn't say Amanda, it just said her phone number - which ends with a 4, not 5. =)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really funny. Been there done that. Back in the days you would have kept talking with him. Now these days it is too scary to do crap like that. I am glad to hear that you had a great time.

Loni

Anonymous said...

I used to get my daughter's number mixed up when she was at the academy in Texas. Several times I called the wrong "guy" and he was not happy with me. There were more four letter words flying than I ever knew existed. OUCH! Hey Joe, I didn't do it on purpose...I'm just a slow learner. Thank goodness I now always use my speed dial.

Cari said...

THAT is funny stuff!!

That poor lonely guy thought he was getting something started - I think he was about to ask you out! (Is this the new age of dating??)

Tracy said...

That there my friends, was some FUN-NY stuff!!

Poor Joe...we should call and check on him sometime. Really...we should!

Amanda said...

LOL - I needed to relive that today! That is so darn funny!!I still remember when you read the number and I raised my hand and said "yep, that's me" HA

That would have been a really funny joke if I would have thought of it

A mom said...

LOL! I text Al once and told him wrote this really sucks. The other person had no idea what I was talking about or why I was texting them. Duh!

Jamie said...

Sounds like Joe wanted to talk! HAHA!!

Shannon said...

At least you weren't drunk as a skunk and texting someone you thought you knew...using profane words. Hmmmm, I just don't know who would have done that ;o) I beleive at one point in that "conversation" the person on the other end of the text said, "Have another beer"...so I did!!

Just Mom said...

LOVING this post.

BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Tess said...

Haa!! That is hilarious! Tee Hee!