Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Things I've learned about airbrush

  1. It washes off with soap and water.
  2. It sits on the top of your skin and doesn't soak into your pores.
  3. It's much harder to apply than one would think.
  4. Kelly Rippa wears airbrush make-up.
  5. I'm nowhere near as good as I plan to become.
  6. At some point I'd like to get into temporary tattoo's as well.
  7. Airbrush make-up can be worn every day, but my intent is to do it for proms and weddings.
  8. Lonnie's airbrushed make-up lasted all day. My bare minerals was gone by noon.
  9. My mother-in-law was a good sport in letting me put make-up on her. There were no pictures because I don't always like to laugh at my expense.
  10. At the salon, when I feel that I've had enough practice, I'll charge $20 for an airbrush application.
  11. I can't wait for that day. Not because of the money, but because I'll feel that I'm good enough to charge someone.
  12. The make-up I'm using is a silicone base. I learned that the silicone to clean my airbrush with doesn't belong on your face.
  13. I'm glad I learned #12 on my own, and not on a client.
  14. I'm the only person in the town that does airbrush make-up. I think that's fun.
  15. It's flawless. In the picture on yesterday's post, I looked the same as I normally do. The only difference was that 3 hours later, I still looked the same.

8 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

If you need someone to practice on, I'm game.

Amber said...

Just out of curiousity...does your skin break out afterwards? I know that we have simular skin in that when we try something new, our skin breaks out for a short period of time afterwards.

Tess said...

I think it is really a good idea!
Being the only one in town is always a plus!!

I wish you luck and I hope it takes off like wild fire!!

Tracy said...

You will do great!!!

I wouldn't mind doing a temporary tattoo! That sounds like fun!!

Drastic I know...

:)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow...the only person in your town that does it, I am impressed!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

airbrush tatoo? now that sounds fun.

Teresa said...

I haven't been here for awhile...wow, you have been busy airbrushing!

I would LOVE to have this done. I'll know where to go if ever I have a special occasion. :)

Kerrie said...

Amber - My skin hasn't shown any signs of an upcoming break out - thank goodness. If you want, we'll play with it when you come in for your appt.