Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Decorator to the stars

....and when I say stars, I really mean Tracy's front yard. =)

Let me set the scene.

It's 5:30am.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

My alarm went off. It was time for me to get up and blow up 33 balloons that would soon be used for fun decoration.

I rolled out of bed. Literally. My hip was hurting. Seriously people - my body is falling apart.

I rolled out of bed and got started. I watched Nashville Star while filling balloons with helium.

I really considered doing a video blog while filling 33 balloons, but didn't. I looked awesome. I really should have shared it with the world. Ok, world is a bit much. More like the 81.9 of you (average - obviously...sometimes more, sometimes less) that visit each day.

Fill the balloon. Tie the balloon. Fast forward through the commercials on the TV. Tie the ribbon on the balloon. Tie weight to the end of the ribbon. I've got mad multi-tasking skills - thanks to 10 years of dispatching. Ha!

Thump.
Thump.

What on earth IS that?

Thump.

Ahhh! It was my little helper. Nathan was beyond excited when I told him about my balloon idea. He couldn't wait to help me.

Waaah! Waaah!

Crap! Jack's awake.

Go get Jack. Give him milk. Fill more balloons. Tie more balloons. Put ribbon on balloons. Tie on the weight.

How many of you have I lost to far? Just checking......

The time - 7am. I told Nathan that we would have to be very quiet so that we didn't wake anyone up at Tracy's house. Nathan woke up Justin so he could take care of Jack while we were gone. He couldn't have been happier to help us. That! was a flat out lie.

I'd made a sign the night before to hang on Tracy's door. This is fun stuff, people.

I think we did a wonderful job.

My little helper. He's kinda hard to see in the sea of balloons. It's almost like finding Waldo.


He did manage to get this beautiful shot of me.

Ok, so I over did it with the pictures. But I've got mad skills, people. =)

17 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

everyone needs a crazy friend like you. :0)

i imagine that tracy had no trouble finding 33 reasons to feel loved--you are a great friend.

loved the bronco's attire.

Jamey said...

Ohhhhh!! You did such a good job. My birthday is Jan. 14th:)

Love the sweatshirt!!!

Kerrie said...

Ha! Jamey - that cracked me up. You'll have to come up some night and we'll all go out for supper. Maybe Trac and I could meet you in SF or something. That would be FUN!!

Anonymous said...

Go Natey! What a great helper.

Friends like you are few and far. Tracy is so blessed to have you in her life!

Tess said...

What a cool idea!! You guys did a great job!!
I bet Tracy was like, "WHAT THE ???? is in my yard?" Haa...

Very cool!!

Tracy said...

I loved, loved it!!

You guys are the best!!

THANK YOU NATEY AND KERRIE!

LOVE YA!

Amber said...

What fun! Seriously I want to know what tracy thought when she looked out her window!!

Just Mom said...

Wow! Can't wait to see how you top that next year.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie, you are too creative. Nathan, good job helping Mom. I am sure Tracy loved it.
Susan

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Awwww....how sweet of you.

Amanda said...

Not with it today - when I read "Decorator to the stars" I kept thinking starts as in burning balls of gas in the sky stars. Couldn't figure out what the tie-in was.

Love the decorations!!!

Anonymous said...

That's great!! Happy Birthday, Tracy!!!

the boedecker family said...

That is AWESOME, FUN stuff!! You are a great friend!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet friend you are! :) Any thoughts of moving to Iowa? You could bring me 37 Keith Urban's in September. Yes?

Nicole said...

That's awesome!! North Carolina in March? I'll need 35...WHOA...did I just type that...for real?!?!?

Kristie said...

Kerrie you are a super friend!!! you are lucky to have friends like each other!!!! Love the idea!!!!!!!!!

A mom said...

That is super! You are an amazing friend.