Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another first

A few weeks ago, I came home after working a late night at the salon. I'd gone to the grocery store and saw one of my neighbors. She said that she was moving and taking her 3 kids with her while her husband stayed in Madison to finish up school. It made me really sad for Nathan. He really likes their oldest daughter. They were in the same Kindergarten class last year. Claire had also grown fond of this little girl.


At the house I saw this on the table.

Isn't that precious? I guess she came over and gave this to Nathan and left. He said to Justin "I don't even know where she's moving". So Natey called her and said "Where are you moving?" she answered and he said "Ok. Bye." and hung up. For some reason it struck me as funny. Anyway, Justin said that Natey got a little misty eyed after he read the note. He was sad to see his friend go.

We had Rianna over one last time before she left. Here are a few shots from the day. (Jack was sleeping and therefore MIA.)

I edited these pictures and then sent them off to be developed. I hope they turn out ok. We shall see. If they look ok, we'll send Rianna a copy of them in Kolrado (Colorado). Seriously - how cute was her spelling and the little sad face on that card?

We'll miss you Rianna!

8 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

what a sweet girl. so sad to hear a family leaving town:0(

Amber said...

Last year when I met her in JA I said, "How to you say your name?"
She replied, "Rianna...just like the singer!" With a little sparkle in her eye!

On a side note...the word verification that I got it was: bitchinn

Sorry, that made me laugh.

Tess said...

Awe, tha is sweet.. So hard to have friends move away when you are young.. Heck, what am I saying, it is hard to have your friends move away as adults! :)
Very nice of you to edit the pictures!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

awww...one of life's tough lessons

Tracy said...

Poor Natey! I hope they can keep in touch through letters! That would be great to have a pen pal at such a young age.

Do kids even do that anymore?? Write letters??

It's all technology these days.

Maybe they can 'email'

:)

Heather said...

Sam went through the same separation with his very good friend Tessa - they were only 2 but they still keep in touch. They mail each other letters and she attends Sam's birthday party every year. It's really neat to see how they have remainded really good friends. Hopefully that will work out for Nathan too!

Just Mom said...

:-(

Mom to many said...

Awww - what a CUTE card! Too bad they have to move!