Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas, Christmas Everywhere!

Hi there friends and family! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Life has been busy and crazy the last week or so. It was non stop at the salon and then of coarse getting things done for Christmas was just crazy! I'll take you through it one step at a time. Anything else would just tire you out anyway.

Your first stop, Pierre. We made it out to Pierre the weekend before Christmas to enjoy some time with Justin's family. We had a very nice time. I got some shopping done and Nathan and his cousin, Spencer, played non stop. A lot of the time they enjoyed 'hiding' from people. Let me explain how this was happening. They would hide by the couch, normally in plain view. Then they would be spotted and run to another room and giggle with each other - still in plain view or within hearing distance. It was fun until they would insist that you didn't see them at all. Whatever - go hide from someone else. =) (I'm the fun Mom/Aunt.) HA!

Look back at my previous post to remind yourself what was going on in our lives. Our van died, remember? We got it fixed for the bargain price of $1100, right? Yeah. Here is what was causing all the problems.

Apparently that doohickey works better without the hole. Imagine that! Justin wrapped it up in a box and gave it to me for Christmas. He thought it was some funny stuff, and it was, but when I opened it I had 1)no idea what it was and 2) was sad that I hadn't gotten him anything. After the confusion - it was funny.

I searched high and low for something to replace Natey's white Dallas Cowboy helmet. I thought if I found a Romo (the QB for the team) jersey or something like it then I'd be golden. No such luck. It was weighing on me something horrible. Finally, on Sunday I told Nathan that I'd talked to Santa when I was in the mall. Here was my story: "Natey, I should have taken you to the mall today. Santa was there! He called me over to where he was talking to the kids. He said Are you Nathan's Mom? I said yes. Santa said The Elf's are having a very hard time with that helmet. (Nathan winced....and it cracked me up.) If we don't get it done by Christmas, could you please buy it for him for his birthday? I assured Santa that I would.

Nathan could not believe that he'd missed me talking to Santa. He kept saying "Man! I can't believe I missed that. I wish I would have gone with you." Um, thank GOD you didn't was my thought. Anyway, it bought me the time that I needed. More on that in another post.

We had wonderful meals and got wonderful gifts while in Pierre. Here are a few photos.Here is my new nephew, Zachary. He's such a sweet little thing!You know Jack, the other person is his dad. You don't see much of him because he hates to have his picture taken. I'm sure he'll be more than pleased to see it show up here.

Merry Christmas from Jack.....

He didn't open many of his gifts. He enjoyed the mess much more than the opening. The other two kids enjoyed it though.There is much more to share, but I have to go to work for a little bit. Tune in tomorrow!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back blogging, missed you :)
Happy New Year
Susan

Jennie Thompson said...

Crack me up with the Santa conversation! What if the elves still aren't done with it by his birthday?!

Nicole said...

Merry (late) Christmas, cousin!!

The story about you talking to Santa reminds me of a Christmas we spent in Midland with you guys. Do you remember? Our dads took us to look at Christmas lights on Christmas Eve. On the drive home, we saw a Santa running down the street with a bag thrown over his shoulder. (In retrospect, it was probably a robber who had just stolen all of someone's Christmas presents.) When we got home, all of our gifts from Santa were out. He'd come early!!! We were so excited and WE HAD JUST SEEN HIM! We couldn't believe our dads took so long to get us home. If we'd gotten there just a few mintues earlier, we could have seen Santa! LOL!

Kerrie said...

Nicole - that's my favorite Christmas memory! I've always wondered if that guy was a thief or hired by some rich folk? I wonder what part of town we were in? That would be telling.

Merry late Christmas to you and all of yours.

Tracy said...

Zachary is precious! I haven't seen any pictures yet!! Cute, cute!

Can't wait for Nathan to share his helmet with everyone!!!

Anonymous said...

Jack has a dad? Love it!

Great Natey story...as usual! I've missed that boy :o)

Just Mom said...

YAY! New post on your blog.

Love the photos. That's a really good one of Jack and Justin.

Looking forward to more from you.

Teresa said...

I've been waiting to hear about the Meyer Christmas. Your stories crack me up! I love cousins stories. Some of my very best childhood memories are with my cousins. It sounds like Natey and Spencer had a great time together.

Good to see a picture of Justin! Nathan sure looks like his daddy!

Jamey said...

Glad you had a good Christmas! Your kids are so darn cute! I hope Nathan's helmet is done by May!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas. It looks like everyone had a great time.
Loni

Amanda said...

YOU TALKED TO SANTA??? Man...I wish I would have went to the mall with you

A mom said...

I saw Santa in the mall too. Only he told me that a little white lie never hurts anyone, unless your name is Kerrie Meyer. He said I should pray for you. :O)

Jamey said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good Christmas. The kids are so cute, great pictures!!

Tess said...

Nice to see Jacks daddy make an appearance! As you can see from most of my posts, I am not in many pictures so I can appreciate Dads feelings about pictures! haa..

To funny on Santa! Guess we will have to wait and see what happens on his birthday!!