Thursday, December 20, 2007

HELP ME!!!

I need your help - PLEASE. Last night before I went to bed, I was trying to think of the name of something and couldn't come up with it. I begged Justin to get out of bed to Google it for me, but he wouldn't. So I'm counting on you (because I Googled it and came up short).

Ok, remember those pens that write either silver or gold? I used one to write on my graduation envelopes. Now they have gel pens that you can use, but the name of the pen that I'm looking for was the kind you used to have to shake before you wrote with it. It also smelled like paint and was a huge mess. Ohmygosh this is driving me crazy! My brain keeps saying over and over 'highlighter' but I obviously know that's not it. BUT - what is it?

So other than this, I've just been non stop busy. I don't enjoy non stop busy. At the salon I'm going from client to client which is wonderful for my bank account, but a tad bit stressful. (When I say a tad bit I mean THREE KING huge. That was very funny, BTW Heidijowhatdoyouknow.)

Now, people, PLEASE help me out before I go completely crazy. Do it for your friend. Please!

16 comments:

Amber said...

I've always called them metallic pens...

Shannon said...

Well, thank you very much. Since you said 'highlighter' I can't get that out of my head. It's your own fault I can't help you. ;o)

Jamie said...

I was thinking metallic pen too....also a Caligraphy pen....they write the fancy letters but were messy.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

are you unsatisfied with the new gel version? doesn't it give the 'high' while you write with it like the old ones? :0)

so glad that we amuse you over here at heidijowhatdoyouknow...consider our holiday gift to you.

good luck.

Cari said...

Oh man....did they actually have a name? They were the kind that you had to kind of push down on so that the tip would go up into the pen to get wet with ink before you could use it. (Remember, you'd have to have an extra piece of paper with all kinds of blobs on in because the tip would dry out once in a while and you'd have to push it down again?)

Have you tried looking in the craft department? For some reason I seem to think that's where they keep those... I'm not done thinking about this - thanks for the new obsession!!

Cari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerrie said...

Yes, we're all thinking of the same thing - but what's the name? I think it must be a brand that I'm thinking of. For some reason H stands out. Does it start with an H?

For reals y'all - you've gotta help me.

=)

Tess said...

I think they were called Outliner pens. I found them here:

http://www.ilovethe80s.com/misc_outliners.htm

Just Mom said...

You Googled the name of a pen? Welcome to my insane world. :-D

Megs said...

http://www.dickblick.com/zz208/00/?wmcp=yahoo&wmcid=SiteSubmitProducts&wmckw=Pentel+Metallic+Brush+Pens

Is this what your talking about?

A mom said...

I am not sure on the spelling, but calligraphy pens?

Shannon said...

TESS, YOU'RE BRILLIANT!!! THAT'S WHAT SHE WAS LOOKIN' FOR :o) YAY!! YOU'VE SAVED THE DAY.

Kerrie said...

Tess - you are a ROCK STAR!!! That's exactly what I was thinking of. Thank goodness you came up with it for me. YAY TESS!
(I almost called you at work because I was so excited you came up with it.) =)

Cari said...

Yay!!
Tess, I don't know you even a little bit, but WOO HOO to you! ;-D

Kerrie said...

Cari - "I don't know you even a little bit" = HA!!!! That cracked me up.

Tess said...

So glad I could help!! I used to love those things!!

Glad I could be of assistance!! I would have laughed my butt off if you called me! That would have been funny!