Friday, December 07, 2007

Keeping in touch

I'm not good with change. I don't like it. I don't welcome it. I'm just not good with change.


When I decided to change jobs, I knew that I'd miss my friends the most. I'm only about 2 1/2 blocks from my old work, but somehow my fear was that I wouldn't see them anymore.

What about 'the guys'? I would miss them too. I didn't think that they would come to me for their hair, but their office is only a half of a block from my new work. That would be easy enough, right? I thought I could go to their office to visit them when I wasn't busy. Perfect!

Well, keeping in touch has been much easier than I anticipated. Miah came to get her hair cut last week. Although she's not posted pictures, she says she likes it. One of my other co-workers goes to one of the other girls, but I was there and got to see her when she came in for a cut. Jennie and Linda have been in for services, but I also make time to see them.

Maybe you're asking 'What about the guys? Have you seen them?' I'm so glad you asked. The answer is yes! Yes, I have seen them.




Ok! So it's not the way I planned. I know that. However, my mom always told me that beggars couldn't be choosers. =)

So the fact of the matter is that the orange ticket was just a joke. It really made me laugh and confirmed that my friendship with this officer is real and exactly what I thought it was. The other? Well, that was real. Apparently on November 29, 2007 at 1209, going 72 in a 65 was a bad idea.

I was headed to SF to get some product and had to be back by 3 for a client. The weather was due to get bad (and it did) and I was in a hurry. What's 7 MPH between friends anyway? HA!

Right when I saw the squad car I pulled over. I was all nervous. What the heck was that all about? The Trooper kindly gave me a warning ticket and told me that he was more interested in knowing if my seat belt was buckled. I always wear my seat belt when I travel, so it was.

Lets talk about this Trooper for a moment, shall we? He's such a nice guy. Seriously, he's just a very, very nice man. He's a bit younger than I am and single. That's right, single. I'm not sure why though. He'd make anyone a great husband, I think. I mean, from what I know of him he'd be a great catch. However, he doesn't seem to be in any kind of hurry to get married - or a girlfriend for that matter. None of that matters I guess. He's just all around a nice guy - and cute....cute always helps. =)

So in case you were wondering, yes. Yes I have been keeping in touch with my old friends. It just wasn't the way I thought it would be. =)

15 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i would want to keep my visits of that nature to a minimum with them:0) maybe they'd let you pay for your fines in haircuts though.

isn't it nice to know you haven't been forgotten?

Amber said...

Only 7 mph over?!?! Ugh...I learned my lesson on that one!

Anonymous said...

That is too funny.

:)

Tracy said...

What about me?? Do you miss me???




Just wonderin'



:)

A mom said...

Ker, do you need a bib for all that drool?

Just checking pal!

A mom said...

Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that yes I do love my hair, but I am having a bit of an issue with the double chin that keeps showing up in my pictures. Do you think you could help me with that?

Kerrie said...

Tracy - of coarse I miss you, but I was talking about work people. I miss talking to you!

Miah - I'm not drooling. I was just pointing out a fact is all. ;)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

hey, your profile says your still a 911 dispatcher. that's false advertising.

:0)

Jamie said...

To have such good friends!! HA funny story!!

Just Mom said...

"He's just all around a nice guy - and cute....cute always helps."


Does this mean you're over Keith Urban?

Kerrie said...

Just Mom - thinking someone is cute and having a boyfriend are two totally different things. HA!!!!

Anonymous said...

HP 60? You forgot to mention that he can cook and bake better than almost any women. He's going to make a great husband and father some day!

I miss you and miss not talking to you all day on Thursdays and Friday.

I still love my hair!

Lori said...

Haha! That is funny. Not the way you want to be in touch though.

Just Mom said...

Kerrie -- BAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tess said...

Well, I guess it shows what extremes friends will go to if they want to stay in touch!! LOL..

You are a lucky, lucky lady! If it was me, I would have gotten nailed for that ticket!! :)