Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Claire's day

Claire was funny yesterday. When she woke up - at almost 10!!! - I sang Happy Birthday to her. She said "It not my buthday. Don't say happy buthday. It not my buthday." I tried to tell her that it actually was her birthday and that Saturday was only her party, but she wasn't having any of it. It cracked me up.

I went to work at 11 and was super duper busy. Before I knew it, it was 5 o'clock and time to go home.

We went to McDonald's for supper. It was a huge treat for the kids. Justin was able to join us for a bit - which was extra special for the kids. After playing, it was time to go home. Once we got home - you know, all the way across the street - the kids enjoyed playing outside. It was a beautiful night. Before we knew it, it was time to go in, open gifts, take baths, and go to bed.

Claire got her very own Webkin. It's so cute! If you don't know what that is, it's a little stuffed animal (hers is a puppy) that comes with a code which allows her to play on the computer. She can feed it on-line, buy it clothes, and decorate its room. She was very excited.

All in all we had a great day. It's just so hard to believe that she's 3!

7 comments:

Amber said...

We were on a bike ride last night and we were going to swing by your house to wish Claire a Happy Birthday.
However, Shayla infromed me that her legs were "steamy" and it was time to go home! ;o)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It was a gorgeous day! Glad Claire had such a great day for her birthday!

Just Mom said...

"Once we got home - you know, all the way across the street - ..."

ROFL.

Tracy said...

I am glad she had a great day!! 3 years. WOWZA!

Bummer we couldn't join you "across the street"

Teresa said...

I just watched the little video below...oh my gosh, I just wanted to kiss those cute cheeks!

Three is such a fun age. Sounds like Clair had a wonderful birthday.

Amanda said...

Aw - that is so cute! You can sing happy birthday to me even when it's not my birthday

Tess said...

Glad it was a great day!! I can just see her telling you, "No, it's not my burthday!!" To cute!