Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Your Backyard friends

We went to SF on Sunday to do some running around. We'll be celebrating Claire's 3rd birthday this weekend. Her actual birthday is the 22nd.
Much like me when I was a child, Claire can't wait for her party. Many times a day we hear "is it my party now?". If we get in the van to go anywhere, she's sure we must be going to her party.
When I was young I celebrated my pre and post birthday. It really was a month long event. :)
When we were in SF I took Claire to a party store to try to decide what kind of a theme she wanted. She chose The Backyardigans. Well, that's not entirely true. She chose Dora, Diego, Strawberry Shortcake, Scooby Doo and The Backyardigans. :) I told my mother-in-law about it and she said 'you should have just gotten a little something from all of it and had all of her favorites'. She's right. I really should have. She would have been in total heaven. But can you imagine me ordering the cake? "Do you have something with Dora, Diego, Strawberry Shortcake Scooby Doo and The Backyardigans on it" and then get all crazy and irrational at the cake chick when she says no. Ha!
Justin's family will arrive on Friday night. My mom and Roger will come for the day on Saturday. Unfortunately, my sister and her family moved to MN a month or so ago, so they won't be able to attend. Tracy's family will come as well as Grandma Sandy and Papa Ken. I'm excited to not have to worry about work. Normally I'd take Saturday off, but work at some point on Sunday. Anyway, there will be fun, laughter, pictures, videos, stress....wait! How did that get in there? ;) Just being realistic is all.
In the end, it will all be worth it.

13 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

Where'd those three years go?

Jamie said...

You just got that Backyardigan song stuck in my head. Yeah ME!

Heidi Jo Comes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi Jo Comes said...

well we've all seen amber's creations. i'm sure she could whip something up.

otherwise you could do cupcakes and put a character from each on them:0)

Amber said...

Oh man, that would be too complicated for me!
Um...Sunshine makes cakes!

Anonymous said...

That sounds just like Caden would say. It will be fun doing his this year. I will have him help me out. You will have to make sure you tell her Happy Birthday from a stranger!!!! Just kidding. How all is well.

Loni

Kerrie said...

Heidi - that was a really good idea. I wish I would have done that now.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Sounds like it will be on great birthday party!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i'm an idea girl. not much of a doer, but i have ideas.

Tracy said...

We are excited to be celebrating 3 years with one of my favorite little girls!!!

See you Saturday!!!

Teresa said...

Can't wait for the pictures!

A mom said...

Wow, has it really been three years. FYI~ you can get a cake with all her fav characters. Just get some pics of the internet, photoshop them, print it out, and take it to sunshine. Thats what I did for Colter's cake and it turned out great.

Momma Roar said...

I hope she has a GREAT birthday tomorrow!! 3 years is fun...kinda! ;-)


Love the senior prom picture too - I love looking at our old photos...wishing I could just fit a leg into one of those dresses - LOL!! (ok, so its not that bad...)