Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Sunday haircuts and Monday snow

Working at the salon is great for many reasons. One that comes to mind is having my families hair on someones floor other than my own for haircut day.

On Sunday we went to the salon for the Meyer Haircut Extravaganza. Remember the words I overuse? Yeah, totally add Extravaganza to it. Thanks!

The kids love to run up and down the hall, around the vanities, pumping up every ones chair for them. Sometimes I think they think they own the place. Nathan and Claire played hide and seek for a while too. They love getting their hair washed. Nathan tells me every time that it's his favorite part.

Need I remind you that Jack has a mohawk? I didn't think so. I'm always at a loss of what to do with it. Justin wants me to buzz him, but he's not even one and a half - much too young for his first buzz if you ask me. So, now we're at one with the mohawk. I mean, what the heck else CAN you be with it?

I did use the clippers on the sides of his hair. Now he looks like such a little man.

I mean, as manly as one can look with a blue pook in your mouth. :)

Claire got a trim and then I curled her hair. She turns 3 on April 22nd, so we'll be getting her pictures taken soon. I wanted to see what her hair would look like with curls after cutting it shorter.


I wonder where she's seen that look before. Probably Justin. (giggle)

Natey got his hair cut again. I had to make sure and take a picture of his too. So what if it looks like every other hair cut I've ever given him. Repetition isn't always a bad thing. :)


As you can see, he's satisfied with it.

That was Sunday. Then along came Monday. A day filled with snow. I've been waiting for a good week for a snow day. FINALLY I got it!

I went and worked at the salon for about 2 hours. Wait. Let me define work. I talked on my cell to Tracy while asking her to hold here and there while I answered the salon phone. It was hardly work.

I came home at 11 and took care of the kids. We had a blast. My plan was to bake cookies, but we never got to them. I sent Nathan and Claire outside. Jack watched them at the door. He laughed and laughed at them. Check out the snow!


The flakes were HUGE! I felt like I was living in a huge snow globe....just the way I like it. I mean, if it's going to snow - it should at least be pretty.

Here are some pictures of the kids playing outside. They were taken from behind the screen door.....thankfully.

Yeah, as if you couldn't have seen that coming a mile away. Jack thought it was the funniest thing that happened all day. He could have stood there watching them for hours.

It was a wonderful snow filled day!

14 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

well, as grumpy as it made me to have 6+ inches of white stuff back on the ground, you are right...it was a pretty snowfall. and snowdays are the BEST.

did the mr. & mrs. get a haircut too?

Amber said...

OK, Claire TOTALLY makes me melt. That 2nd picture of her is so, so cute!

Amanda said...

I love those pictures of claire bear! She will learn to use those big ole eyes as weapons of mass destruction someday...if she hasn't already :)

Tracy said...

Yeah, not so happy about the snow but I knew you wanted a SNOW day so I am glad you got what you wanted. ~sigh~

Love the pictures of the kids. I can't believe the girl's birthdays are coming up!! That is just nuts!!

Speaking of birthdays...I better get on the ball!

Tess said...

I am glad someone enjoys the snow! Haa.. I love the snow ball shot!

Tess said...

Gosh, I forgot - I love the hair cuts!! They all looks so grown up!

Just Mom said...

"The kids love to run up and down the hall, around the vanities, pumping up every ones chair for them."

Oh, thank goodness it isn't just my kid....

Anonymous said...

I did not realize that Claire and Molly are only 2 days apart. Molly will be 3 on the 24th. :)

Cute pics. My kids sooooo need hair cuts.

Michelle said...

Your kids are so cute. And Claire, I bet she can make her Daddy melt, huh?

Anonymous said...

You have CUTE kids. I know I've never told you that, hehe.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Yeah, that snow is just crazy! I can't believe how fast it comes and then how fast it melts!

Love the pics of the kids....they look nice with their new cuts!

the boedecker family said...

Love the hair cuts...Jack looks so big!! Fun stuff!!

Jamie said...

Well I am glad someone had fun with that crap. Thank goodness it didn't last long!!

Love Claire's hair...very cute with those curls!!

Jamey said...

Very cute haircuts!! I still can't find anyone OR anywhere that I like here. You might be surprised one day when I show up there. Tracy's hair is really cute so I know you could handle mine:) 45 minutes isn't too far to drive for a haircut, my husband might disagree though.

I love the pictures of the kids in the snow. Very funny that Jack just stood watching and laughing!! Your kids are so cute!!