Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jack update

Update at the bottom of this post.......

Today Jack has an appointment in Sioux Falls. He's going to see a doctor who will tell us if he needs orthotics. When Jack walks, his left foot is usually normal, but his right foot points out at a 90 degree angle. I noticed that it wasn't bad in the video that I took of him walking, but it's normally quite obvious. I'm anxious to see what the doctor has to say about it.

Here is a peek at Jack in the bath. He earned his way there by way of chocolate. :) It looks as though he enjoyed his cookie.

I'll try to post an update later today. If not today, for sure tomorrow.

PS: Happy Birthday to my step-dad, Roger!!

Update: The doctor said that Jack doesn't need orthotics at this time. She wants to see him back in 2 months to check his progress. She said that she could put him in a pair of $300 orthotics (that insurance doesn't pay a penny of), but really didn't feel like he needed it right now. He's just very flexible and needs to gain strength. She said him trying to walk on his flexible ankles/feet is like you and I trying to walk on marbles. It's hard for him to maintain his balance. However, with practice should come strength. She even touched his toes to his shins to show me just how flexible he was. I would have believed her without the visual. I about threw up. It was - ick! So that's that. We got great news!! (for once.....jinx)

14 comments:

Jennie Thompson said...

I can't get over how much he looks like Nathan at that age. The look on his face when he fell was priceless.

Just Mom said...

I LOVE that cookie face!

btw ... Just Son used to wear orthotics, and now where's shoe inserts for flat feet. He adapted to all of it really well.

Anonymous said...

He is so darn cute. Love the face when he fell in the tub. Good luck today and can not wait to hear what you find out.

Loni

Tracy said...

Good luck today!!

I love how he looks at the faucet...examining it! Too cute!

Caymen: "where's Cwaire"????

Cari said...

Very cute - made me giggle when he fell backwards and made that face!

It's hard not to notice how much he looks like Nathan with the "Natey" picture just to the right of the video!

Kristie said...

What a precious little guy!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes he does look like big brother!!

Amber said...

How adorable!
Just curious...is Jack flexible like his Mama?

Anonymous said...

That little face made my day!

Glad I didn't see him in the grocery store cuz it was not pretty...you can read my post. Then again, who could resist that face?

Glad you got some good news.

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That is great news!!!!!

Karenkool said...

Ok. I'm catching up on the week and every post is cuter than the next. Your kids are sooooo cute.

Just Mom said...

YAY!

Jennie Thompson said...

Sweet news!

Jamie said...

That is good news!!

Loved his facial expression....very cute!!

the boedecker family said...

Holy Wow he looks like Natey!! Such a cutie...love his face when he plopped down...too cute!!