Monday, February 04, 2008

Dear Kerrie

I'm writing you today to ask you some serious questions. My first and most important is WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME?

I've been trying to figure it out for almost 3 months. I just can't come up with anything. I promise to make you feel better, yet that isn't good enough for you.

You're acting like a snob - a SNOB, Kerrie!

You say you're tired. You say you don't have energy. I'm here to help you.


Why don't you like me?


You hold your end of the bargain for a few days. I hold up my end and you start to feel better. You lead me to believe that everything is going to be fine. Then I start to see less of you. It isn't long and I realize that it's been a week since our last interaction.

I sit and wait.

Nothing.

I'm very helpful, yet you choose not to use my aid. I help you get things done. I give you the energy that you seem to crave. Why is this so hard for you? I just don't understand.

Your behavior is unacceptable, yet I long to help you. This is so easy, yet you choose to make it very hard. It's not just hard on you - it's hard on me. It's hard for me to watch you be as tired as you are. Come on Kerrie - snap out of it!

I'm not going to beg.

Well, maybe a little......

Come back to me, Kerrie. COME BACK. I miss you!



Until then,
Your Potassium Pill

10 comments:

Tracy said...

Do I need to come over there and put that pill in your mouth and give you a drink of water?? Every.Single.Day?




Just wonderin'

~ Amy ~ said...

Okay, so I haven't visited here for a while and I'm reading this thinking "what the heck?..." And then I see it's about a pill...thank goodness you're only talking about a pill.

Anonymous said...

Come on sweetie, take the pill. Please take the pill. Tracy can mix it in some applesauce for you. You need to take the pill. Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeease.

Side note: side bar...where is the real father of your children?

Tracy said...

I am sooo laughing at Ginger!!

I can TOTALLY mix it with some applesauce. NO problem!

What time should I come over??

Kerrie said...

Ginger - HA! That was funny. You should see those pills though. They are yuck!

Side note: the kids real father is on the side bar. HA again!

Teresa said...

I am terrible at taking pills. I hate them and can only swallow them if they are teeny tiny. You have my sympathy Kerrie. :)

Tess said...

Haa Haa!! Now that is some funny stuff!!
I hear ya, it is hard to take a pill everyday. I take a thyroid pill everyday and I know I will be taking that for the rest of my life! That was hard to stomach at first, but I was pretty miserable before I started it! Talk about the good year blimp!! I am no skinny minnie by any means, but it was terrible before this diagnosis!!

If it helps Kerrie - Take IT!!!

Jamey said...

I have a hard time taking my potassium too. Holy BIG pill!! I'm also not very good at taking my synthroid every day. Something with me and pills! Glad to her someone else has the same problem.

Karenkool said...

Ok--someone needs to explain to me the benefit of taking a potassium pill.

Very funny post kerrie! I thought you were gonna get all spiritual on start singing that ole gospel song "I miss my time with yooooou, those sweet moments togetheeeeeeeer..."

A mom said...

I guess you really dip jump off the deep end.