Monday, February 11, 2008

His Idol

On Friday, Justin came home early from work to stay with the little kids while I took Nathan to the game. Thanks Babe! The Bulldogs were playing Sioux Valley. I was pretty excited to go to the game because I know quite a few people from Volga.

When we walked in, we saw the little brother of Lance Tolley, Natey's sport idol. He said "Lance wrote on some things for him" and pointed to Nathan. We were in a hurry to get sat down so I just said "Ok" and continued on our way.

We found Tracy and got seated. I think it was before the varsity game (I'm not sure and it totally doesn't matter) that Lance's little brother brought these over to Nathan.

This was written on the back:
So Nathan made him this:
It will be sent in this:
I know that Lance is too young to understand how sweet this all is, but maybe someday his little boy will have his own high school kid that he'll look up to and it will come full circle.

12 comments:

Amber said...

Oh, SO CUTE!! I love his little letters!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

doesn't it reaffirm your confidence in SOME youth? i mean many are typical teens, self-absorbed and disassociated from all that is around them--but then you get to witness those rare gems that care for others and are kind and thoughtful. very cool.

brady wiebe was that for nic too. and it made his heart soar.

Amanda said...

That is so great!!! And yes...it really does reaffirm some confidence in some youth as Heidi said.

Shannon said...

That is so sweet...and of course you had to post it on a day when I cry when the weather changes!!

Jennie Thompson said...

That's awesome!

the boedecker family said...

That is so sweet!! I bet Natey was totally happy!! I don't know Lance Tolly but think he must be a GREAT kid!!

Anonymous said...

What a great kid to be so thoughtful. I'm sure Natey was in heaven. He will remember this forever :o)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great kid Lance is! I wish more high school kids would act more like him! What a great role model he is!

Just Mom said...

Now that is one kid who deserves to be an "idol."

Jamey said...

That is so cool! Lance will totally understand how amazing this was of him to do when he has kids some day. That note Nathan wrote back is so cute!!

Lori said...

I think that is cool.
Derek does that too..where he says he is so and so's # 1 fan.

Tess said...

That is very cool! Lance is a very special kid for noticing his little fans! I try to remember how much I idolized the older kids, it is good to have a positive role model!