Monday, February 18, 2008

No school

Nathan didn't have school on Friday, so I took the day off and headed to Sioux Falls. He had to visit the dentist for another filling. He took the valium this time without much problem. It is horrible to watch him in that state. He looked totally off his rocker. I told him that the dentist wanted him to take it to make him relax. He kept telling me how relaxed he was. While I was happy to hear that, seeing him look as if he'd just conquered his first 6 pack wasn't much fun.


Everything went ok at the dentist. He has such a sensitive gag reflex - like none I've ever seen. The dentist gagged him so hard that he threw up. He did ok though. I would have fallen apart at that point, but he didn't. He got one filling and needs another. They couldn't get him to take x-rays so the dentist didn't know how far she needed to drill. She said she thought she'd be able to do it better at his cleaning in April. I had only one thing to say - Good luck! He doesn't take valium for his appointment and if she thought his gag reflex was bad on Friday - just wait until April. We'll see I guess.

I told Nathan that I'd give him a surprise if he did well at the dentist. He did great so we headed off to Chuck E. Cheese. As we pulled into the parking lot he said "I wish Dawson was with us". I'd actually considered bringing him, but Dawson hasn't ever been to the dentist and if Nathan was going to freak out then I didn't want Dawson to then think the dentist was horrible.

We played for almost 3 hours. Check out this picture we had taken.

Are you kidding me? I about peed myself when I saw it. I asked Natey what he was doing and he said "Well I was trying to smile where you told me to look!!!" Oh, well you missed the mark. :) HA! It kept me going all day. That's some funny stuff right there!

Anyway, we both had a great day. Today the kids don't have school either, so Natey's going to Dawson's for the afternoon. He's only been asking since Saturday.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Good job Nathan at the dentist. I am sure Dawson wished he was with you as well. At Chuck E Cheese that is...

I didn't tell Dawson until this morning that Natey was coming over today. He's having a very hard time waiting until 11:30!!! They'll have fun!

And they'll see you when the Mark and Dawson get haircuts!!

Andrea said...

Way to go Nathan at the dentist! I hear you on the gagging thing! :) I also have a pretty bad gag reflex!

Do you take him to a pediatric dentist?

LOVE the picture! That is funny stuff!! :)

Amber said...

Natey looks like he just saw a ghost!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the boedecker family said...

Good job at the dentist Nathan! Gagging is such a thing to deal with, I to this day can't stand the dentist!!
Chuck E Cheese sounds like so much fun...especially with such a COOL mom!! LOVE the pic!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love those one on one days....even if it has to be to go to the dentist!

Just Mom said...

I actually like the photo. Very cool.


BTW .. who is Nathan's dentist? I'm searching for one for Just Son.

Anonymous said...

That is a really good picture of you two. I can not wait until the first time I take Caden. It will be a big surprise for me I am sure.

Loni

Jamie said...

I am glad that the dentist appt went well.

Love the picture of the two of you. Such a good memory!

Tess said...

Glad to hear the dentist went ok! He sounds like quite a trooper!

I absolutely love the picture!! I couldn't stop giggling! I love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us!

A mom said...

That pic is heeelarious!