Friday, February 29, 2008

Unwell

I was sick yesterday. Ugh. Just thinking of it makes my stomach turn.

On Wednesdays I work late at the salon. This Wednesday I didn't get home until 9. After chatting with Justin and his dad (who'd come to stay for the night) I came here, to the computer, to veg for a while. I grabbed a Mellow Yellow and started surfing.

It wasn't long when I started to feel a little icky. My main thought was that maybe I'd already had my fill of pop for the day. Do you ever feel like that? It's kind of like Thanksgiving when you've eaten too much. Know what I mean?

Claire was up until 11:30 and after she finally fell asleep, Nathan was coughing so bad I went and gave him some medicine. Finally at 1am, it was time for me to get some rest.

When my alarm went off at 7:10, my stomach was gurgling - nonstop. Justin got up to help get Nathan ready for school and to spend some time with his dad before he left.

I got out of bed and was beyond dizzy. I'd planned on working until 11 and then running to SF for some supplies and then finishing up my day from 3-5 at the salon. I took a shower and then laid back on our bed. I felt better if I didn't move. Standing up was even a chore.

Finally, I realized that I wasn't going anywhere. I called work and someone took my morning client. I had another client at 4:30 that I told them I'd come in for. I was sure I'd feel better by then.

Justin went to the store for me and got some Gatorade and soup. I slept from 11ish till just after 2. When I woke up I knew there was no way I would be able to go in to work. I called in and told them that I was feeling worse, not better. They assured me they'd take care of my 4:30 for me.

I laid on the couch from 2ish until almost 5 when it was time to get the kids. I had no idea how I was going to care for my children. I knew one thing for sure, they were having supper from across the street.

Finally at about 6:30 I started to feel a little better. Now this morning, I feel pretty good - so far. The flu has been brutal for our small town. Most of the time I escape it, but not this time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you continue to feel better. Boy, it is really making the rounds. YUCK! I wondered why you guys didn't come to the open house last night, now I know. Feel better Kerrie. Rest this weekend :)
Susan

Jennie Thompson said...

Glad you're better my friend. Excited to see you today at lunch!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

are you sure you didn't have something in that mellow yellow...?

just jokin'...you are so right. this flu thing has been a pain in the arse. i hope yours is gone to stay. you have some important make-up techniques to learn.

Tracy said...

I am glad you were able to get some rest without children during the day.

When Dawson and I saw you after swimming he got in the car and said...BOY, Kerrie looks TIRED. HA! Indeed you looked tired.

Have a good day!

Amanda said...

Feel better!!! T-Minus 7 days until Keith gets to see your beautiful smile ;)

Tess said...

I am sorry to hear you were ill! I hope that is the last of the ickies in your house!

Bring on spring!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Glad you are feeling better. There is just so much crap going around this year...we have been fairly lucky so far.

Amber said...

I think that you passed on your crap to me...via e-mail or course! (That's possible...rigth?) Since I haven't seen you for a couple of days!

A mom said...

You looked good today. Did you feel better? I was sick mon-thur with it. It sucked and I am sure my kids will be glad to have a normal meal for once. Hope your better.