Friday, May 04, 2007

Words or phrases I overuse

  1. Totally - What year is it anyway? 1980? I totally don't care. I'm still using it.
  2. Pretty sure - I'm pretty sure totally isn't acceptable - still using it.
  3. Holy Cats! - Where did this ever come from anyway? I say this all the time. Sometimes I get real excited and you get....
  4. Holy Cat Smokes!!! - That's what you say when you're really blown away.
  5. Oh Lordy! - What you use when you feel that you've over used Holy Cats and Holy Cat Smokes that day.
  6. Seriously? - Thanks to the Grey's cast, this is way overused now. I'm no exception.
  7. Exactly! - Tracy and I use this 47.5 times in each conversation we have. It's ridiculous.
  8. Ridiculous :) - If I don't agree with something or someone - they or the situation become ridiculous.
  9. Fixin' - It's the last of my southern roots. I don't use ya'll anymore. I'm stickin' to fixin'.
  10. For the love of Pete - We don't even know anyone named Pete.
  11. Awesome - Refer to #1.
  12. Okie Dokie - Who on God's green earth says this....I mean other than me? (rhetorical)
  13. What the crap? - Sometimes I thrown in an even worse swear word at the end - just to be dangerous.
  14. Are you KIDDING me? - Usually followed by seriously.
  15. And last but not least - Coo Coo for Coca Puffs - Enough said.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's great! I think it's funny how people have little phrases like that that they use over and over. You're aware of it, but you still use them! I'm really bad about starting sentences with "It's one of those things where..." I also use "Interesting" a lot in conversations and "Holy Mackerel!" (thanks to Robert).

Andrea said...

You're not alone. I use some of those same phrases and have some of my own! You go, girl! :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

"he is such an idgit"...that's one i use. didn't realize no one else did until my bro pointed out it's weirdness.

i TOTALLY get what your sayin'. I am PRETTY SURE that i've used most of these...SERIOUSLY! my husband swears that i use RIDICULOUS way too much but for the LOVE OF PETE i can't figure out why i do it. things like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? and WHAT THE CRAP?...they are just part of a mom's vocabulary,OKIE DOKIE? the only holy things around here besides our prayer time is heck...HOLY HECK, yeah i know it's RIDICULOUS but SERIOUSLY, it is EXACTLY what i am feelin'. so if you are FIXIN' for a girls night out you can be prepared to spend some time with another chick who's COO COO FOR COCA PUFFS.

nuf said.

Amber said...

Seriously, I totally hear what you're saying.
For real...

Kerrie said...

Heidi - that CRACKED me up!

(Another phrase I should have added.)

Tracy said...

And thanks to you, my best friend...I say ALL OF THESE THINGS too!! Oh-except fixin' just can't do it. You say that "CRACKED ME UP" all the time. (giggle)

Tracy said...

L*O*L~Ker...good thing we made that clear!

Amber...you don't really say FOR REAL do you???

Jamie said...

Those are pretty good...I too use a few them! I also use "okie dokie artichokie"! Marissa really likes it!

Have a great weekend!!

Lori said...

Those are all funny! I use some of those same sayings.

Amanda said...

I totally hear ya!

A mom said...

yep, that pretty much sums it up.