Monday, July 28, 2008

My new friend + some funnies

Look at it. Gaze at it. I can feel myself tearing up. Ok, so that's not true.

Friday morning I had an extra hour at work, so I went next door to see what kind of phone I could get. My phone had seen better days. I went out for supper the other night and the girls, Amber and Tracy, made fun of my phone. I was able to get a new phone as of November, but just hadn't done it yet. Friday was my day.

I'd been wanting a BlackBerry, but didn't know much about them. Something about the Internet on your phone makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

So, this is the phone I came home with. Excitement doesn't quite explain my feelings. Elation? Maybe. I super duper love it. Maybe I should name it. SNAP! MAYBE WE SHOULD NAME IT!!!!!

One of Justin's co-workers has had this phone for a while. He came over and gave me my own private lesson on the how to's. Seriously, this phone probably brushes my teeth - I just haven't found out how yet. There isn't much I can't do on this bad boy. Did I mention that I love it? Not yet? Well let me make it clear..... I LOVE IT!!!

Moving on...

My kids said some funny things this weekend that I simply must share. Saturday night I was at the computer when Claire came over to me. Something fell off the floor and she said "Is that mine?" I was in the middle of reading something and didn't answer her as soon as she thought I should so she raised her voice and said "DUDE!" I busted out laughing. Imagine this face saying Dude to you.

Yeah. It was all kinds of funny.

Nathan's spending the week with Justin's parents out in Pierre. I'll talk more about that tomorrow. Yesterday we were watching a Dateline that I'd taped a while back about the top 10 most unforgettable 911 calls. This little girl was talking about being kidnapped and being held hostage. Nathan said "What does hostage mean?" I told him it was when a stealer (what he calls them) takes a child and won't give them back, the child becomes their hostage. He said "Oh. I know an animal like that. A Hostrich." I cried because I was laughing so hard. I told Tracy and my sister, Shannon, that story yesterday and did it again. FU-NNY!

And last but not least, we were having lunch with Justin's parents and Nathan's cousin, Spencer. Nathan said "Spencer! My mom has a choke cherry." I looked at Natey very confused and said "What?" He said "What's your phones name?" in a whisper. HA! I said "A BlackBerry". Ok, so maybe I talked about my phone all weekend long. Get over it. It's almost my birthday and, once again, I helped Justin out with a gift.

Oh, Teresa, you asked what Justin's response was to my picture on his background. Well, he opened it up, talked to God, rolled his eyes, and laughed while telling me I was retarded. I told him it was Christmas in July. :o)

11 comments:

Jamey said...

You make me laugh:)

Anonymous said...

"Hostrich" - HA!!! I love it!!!

Amber said...

I think that Natey just named it for you. It's your choke cherry!

And let’s be real here Kerrie...that phone was around when I graduated from high school. I'm surprised that thing even had text capabilities!

Amanda said...

Dude - It's the greatest phone I've owned. MP3, GPS, Facebook....the list goes on and on. Love Love Love my choke cherry ;)

Tracy said...

Indeed you needed a new phone. I am glad you are enjoying it. I should get myself one of them there choke cherries if it will brush my teeth!! ;)

Teresa said...

I would get a black berry but I'm certain I wouldn't even be able to figure out how to make a call on it. All the buttons and options make me so nervous.

Thanks for sharing Justin's response...you should have gotten that one on tape!

Oh, I posted a cute Ruby pic just for you. :)

Just Mom said...

ROFL, with tears running down my cheeks.

You are too funny.

You'll have to demo that BlackBerry for me next time we "do lunch." I know I should upgrade, but I really like my no-nonsense LG cell phone.

Anonymous said...

Just got my daily dose and a half of funny! Your family is a riot!

Tess said...

Oh my gosh, Kerrie you are such a breathe of fresh air. I absolutely love readying your stories!!
I couldn't stop laughing about the hostage story! So very cute!
Thanks!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Jeremy just got his blackberry about a month ago. I hope you hve better luck than him....his battery goes dead before he end of the day.

Anonymous said...

Kerrie stated

"Something fell off the floor"

Kerrie, is this possible? Where does it end up?

You know I couldn't pass that up.

6