Thursday, August 14, 2008

Because 102.6 wasn't enough?

Update: Jack woke up with a temp. of 103.3 (friday). I really thought he was going to be better this morning because he was very happy last night. Poor little guy. He's just laying around in a daze. =(

Justin left on Wednesday morning to do a security job at a fair. He'll come home sometime on Sunday.

Wednesday Jack woke up with a temp of 102. I guess Justin could have called and cancelled his security job, but I was only planning on working 5 hours that day, so I sent him on his way. I called my clients and got everyone moved and stayed home with the kids.

I know I don't need to write about how much of a downer sick kids are, but having sick kids is a real downer.

I did the whole Motrin/Tylenol gig and it seemed to work. I got the other kids to bed at about 8:30. Jack woke up at 9pm and was very warm and upset. He was due to have more Motrin at 9:30, so I rocked him until then and put him back to bed - with Motrin.

When my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning I realized that Jack must have had a good night. I don't recall getting up with him. I got myself ready and right as I was going up to wake Jack up, he woke up on his own. I got to his room and scooped him out of his crib. He was ON FIRE. I took him to the living room and sure enough his temp was 102.6. CRAP!

I called work and asked them to call my clients because I needed to take Jack to the doctor. I called Tracy to let her know that the kids wouldn't be coming at 9 like planned. I called the clinic and he could be seen, but not until 1:45pm. Eeek! I took the appointment, hung up, and promptly called his doctor in Sioux Falls. They were full - so 1:45 it was.

The doctor said that he couldn't go back to daycare until Monday. Great. He has a virus, but I would have sworn it was strep. Anyway, I called the salon to give them the news and ask that they call my clients for Friday and let them know that I won't make it in. The bad part about being self employed is if you don't work - you also don't get paid. Ouch!

Jack hasn't been eating much at all, but he's been drinking - so that's good. I made spaghetti and meatballs tonight for supper and Jack threw up. Because 102.6 wasn't enough for him? Poor little guy would try to eat and would gag, and gag, and gag.

I promise - if that clinic calls me on Monday to tell me that Jack really DOES have step - it will be an all out war!

Until then - I really hope my baby feels better soon.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Oh kerrie I am so sorry Jack is still not feeling better. Those girls were really scrambling yesterday trying to Lisa in for a cut she got in thankfully as she even mentioned going to WALMART for a cut if she didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amanda said...

Poor Jack - hang in there buddy!! Mom...I'll be praying you have a good weekend and your baby will feel better soon!

Tess said...

Poor Jack, my heart goes out to him. It is no fun being sick. I hope he heals up soon!! Hang in there mom!

the boedecker family said...

I'm really sorry to hear baby Jack is so sick!! I hope he gets better soon!!!

Katie said...

I really hope Jack is feeling better soon! Hang in there Mommy!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Wow, I finally got caught up with you. I hadn't checked blogs in awhile, you have been one busy woman! I loved your 500th post, very cool! I also love your new fancy dancy van, that is also very cool! I sure hope Jack is feeling better soon, it sucks when the kids are sick and you can't make them feel better.