Thursday, August 07, 2008

Pain

First things first! Thanks to everyone who stopped by to wish me a happy birthday. I had a good day. I worked most of it, but it was still good. Tracy surprised me at work - and that was fun. Then I walked out and saw my van and almost passed out. I know I said "Oh holy shit" when I saw it. =) By the time I left work, my vehicle was the only one on that side of the street. Tracy wrote "Honk" on my back window - and people did. Funny!

So thanks for all your well wishes in all forms that they came in. Having real friends is what life is all about.

Ok, lets talk about my teeth. Last Thursday night/Friday morning I woke up at about 2 or 3 in the morning with a terrible toothache. I took some ibuprofen and went back to bed. It wasn't much better when I woke up and it ached all day. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't much fun either.

Then on Friday night, late, it hurt horribly. It was more than I could stand. Justin suggested that I take some Vicodin, so I did. He even called the ER for me to see what to do about the pain. I was bawling - it hurt so bad. The ER wanted to know where I got the Vicodin. He should have told them 'my evidence locker?' - but I guess to his boss that wouldn't be a very funny joke. I had it left over from when I had strep - THANK GOODNESS!!

The first Vicodin didn't do anything - so I took another. Finally at about 1:30 or so, I was able to rest.

I had to get up early in the morning to do hair for an outdoor wedding. I was taking Vicodin every 4 hours. Not only one pill, but two. The pain would be there, but not so horrible that I couldn't stand it.

Finally, Monday morning at 11am, I had the tooth taken out. THANK GOODNESS - or so I thought. Now I'm having other issues. The tooth that's next to the one that was removed hurts pretty bad. So does one of the ones on the top. It also hurts when I bite. Oh - and my neck hurts. I hope it's not an infection, but if it is, I guess that's pretty simple to cure.

So, tomorrow I'll call the dentist again to see what he has to say. I'm booked, so it's not as though I can go see him. We'll see.

Remember when I had strep and I thought that was the worst pain? Well, I didn't realize I was having a contest with myself. Ouch!

On a much fun note, we're heading to the Omaha Zoo this weekend. I'm very excited about it. I'm sure I'll have many more stories for you next week.

Have a good weekend!

8 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah, watch out for the cops wife...they are always the dealers!
Sorry, that made me laugh!
Hope you start feeling better, why don't you declare a contest with yourself on how long you can be healthy for? See who wins!

Tracy said...

I hope the dentist is able to make you all better. Remember what I told you about dentures? You might be well on your way...

Okay...okay...that wasn't very nice.

I'm not sayin'

I'm just sayin'

the boedecker family said...

I hope your teeth are feeling better!!
I hope you guys have a GREAT weekend...LOTS OF FUN!!

Just Mom said...

"He should have told them 'my evidence locker?' - but I guess to his boss that wouldn't be a very funny joke."

Really?? The chief wouldn't have appreciated that one?? LOL.

Amanda said...

Oh man * I haven't been online in awhile and missed your birthday!!! Happy belated birthday Kerrie!!!!

I hope that you're feeling better soon! Have a great weekend at the zoo!

Anonymous said...

After just dealing with an emergency root canal I can so relate to that horrid pain and taking vicodin. Tooth pain is the worst. I've also had the infection and it's miserable, but an antibiotic does wonders.

Hope you are finding relief big time!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

First of all....Happy late Birthday! I didn't get around to blogs this week and I missed all the excitement of your birthday!!!

Have you had your sinuses checked? Sometimes people think it's their teeth and it's a sinus infection all along.

Tess said...

Oh my gosh, that doesn't sound good at all! I hope you are feeling better. Wow..