Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vacation & LOTS of pictures

We had SOOOO much fun in Omaha! We left on Friday night and stayed in Blair, NE. We didn't get there until around 11pm and the kids were tired. Who am I kidding? We were all tired.

Justin got up early and went and bought us a new van.
More on that tomorrow.

We planned to go to the zoo on Saturday during the day and do the
waterpark after the zoo, but getting the new van took longer than planned. So, we decided to do the waterpark on Saturday and go to the zoo Sunday.

I took zero pictures of us at the waterpark. Zero. When the children out number the parents - and water is involved - that equals no pictures. Jack wasn't a huge fan of the waterpark. Claire liked it, but it took her quite a while to warm up to it. When she did - she loved it. Nathan, of coarse, loved everything there was to love about it. We really did have a ton of fun.

We got a GREAT package deal. TOTALLY made it worth the drive - that's for sure.

Here are the kids at the motel room. The great thing about motel rooms is that you get to all sleep together in the same room AND there are no rules. Ask any kid. They'll tell you!

Here is Claire doing her "Super Dora Kick!!!"

Nathan says "Look Mom! No Rules!"

This is what I get when I try to take a picture of the kids.

Click! Then I look at the picture and notice that Nathan isn't smiling. So I say "One more" to the kids who are now scattering like cockroaches. See?Here is Claire's new pose when you want to take her picture. I'm not sure if she saw my senior pictures or something, but that's what it reminds me of.Ok. So now we're off to the zoo. Say, kids? I have a great idea. How about another picture?

Just the way I thought it would turn out.
Moving on.
Now let me remind you that we've never been to the Omaha Zoo. If you haven't been there - It Is A MUST!
Here are a few of my favorite pictures:

Hey kids! How about another picture?

Um-hmmm.
Continuing on....

Timon and Pumbaa were there, too. That little Timon was sure a nervous little guy. They really captured it in 'The Lion King 1 1/2'. Kids! You all seem to be enjoying the aquarium, how about a picture?

So glad I asked.
It's very important that I tell you all that I walked through the aquarium. I didn't even cry! I even took pictures of sharks for Nathan. Well, I did until I took this picture. I FREAKED out after I saw those teeth. I was DUNZO with the aquarium.

There was an exhibit of Jellyfish. It was A*M*A*Z*I*N*G. I couldn't get a very good picture of it though. Here's what I got. Does anyone else think this tiger thinks I'd make a tasty snack? YIKES!

Oh! and who would like to manicure this hand?

There was this animal too. I have no idea what it is. Some little boy said "I don't know what it is, but his butt looks like a zebra". Agreed. It also has a tongue like a giraffe. Odd little fellow, he was.We also took a ride on the train. Jack fell asleep. The kids and I took some pictures.After the train ride, Nathan and Claire rode the carousel. It makes me want to barf, but it's just one of those things you'll do for your kids.

And then it was time to come home. Claire was the only one to fall asleep.

We had such a wonderful time and great memories were made!

12 comments:

Just Mom said...

First of all, let me commend you on the AWESOME PHOTOS you took, and the fact that you didn't freak out (too much) at the aquarium.

Secondly ...

"The great thing about motel rooms is that you get to all sleep together in the same room AND there are no rules. Ask any kid. They'll tell you!"

Yup. Just Son just loves it when we stay at a hotel.

Kari said...

I LOVE the Omaha zoo. That's on my schedule for October. It looks like you had fun. I think your pictures of the kids are great. They capture them exactly at the stage they are in right now, what more could you ask for? :)

Katie said...

WOW! Your pictures look amazing! It sounds like you had a good time!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone, awesome pics. They look so... professional. Good job sis!

Your kids will eternally make me laugh. Love the last one with Claire's tongue sticking out.

Next time maybe we can plan for us all to go. That would be super-de-duper fun :o)

Shan

Tracy said...

Great pictures indeed. I am so glad you guys went and got to experience that waterpark and the zoo! FUN STUFF!

Oh-and the new van...an added BONUS!!

Amber said...

Love the picts!!
Just wondering, did the gorilla's freak you out?

Kerrie said...

Yeah, one of the gorilla's were standing right in front of me and looking me right in the eye. It DID freak me out. YIKES! They scared Jack and Natey too. It was fun though!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

your animal pictures are FANTABULOUS.

you know i mean the pictures of the zoo animals, right, i do not mean your animals, correct?

Kerrie said...

HJWDYK - what are you talking about? I've got mad skill taking pictures of my animals. I just can't choose due to all the awesomeness. I mean, that's Christmas card perfection! ;)

Anonymous said...

The photos of the kids are priceless. I always wonder when I look back at my three why all of their photos look awful. Now I remember how hard it is to get all three to sit still and look at you with a smile.

Yeah, we stayed at a hotel once and told Jenna to sleep in. I told her if she woke up early to take a Tylenol PM. Guess what? She did it. She was about 4 years old and we couldn't figure out why she actually slept in. I know, I'm such a good mother.

Tess said...

It is final! We need to schedule a trip to the Omaha Zoo! Man, it looks awesome and it looks like you guys had so much fun! Awesome pictures!! I love the play by play on the kids and taking pictures. Cracked me up!!

Amanda said...

Wow - great pictures Kerrie! Postcard ready